How do i shot web? (advanced gorge webbing)

aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
edited August 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Anybody remember that meme from NS1!? Anybody?? Anyways, I've been playing around in sandbox mode try to figure out how to properly use web, and its difficult to get it to work. I'm trying to stretch it between two doorways like it did in NS1, but it doesn't seem to work most of the time. Obviously I'm doing something wrong because in the patch video he does it like its as easy as breathing. I'm assuming intuitively the first one placed is the start point, and the next is the end point? They just seem to bunch up on walls... I also don't get the slick white line when making them like in the video.

Comments

• Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2013
    I'll get yer a video stand by pl0x -->
    Also highlighting the issues with it :P
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Kouji, you are extremely hard to understand for non-native english speakers o.O
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kouji, you are extremely hard to understand for non-native english speakers o.O

Yeah now that I checked the video for myself it seems I was in some kind of mumbling state and quick speech mode lol

t'has been a while since I recorded a video seems like I'm out of practice... I'll slap together another one later this evening so you can judge that one to see if I can haz better understandable talky stuff... :>
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    Thanks for the video Kouji_San, I get it now. There should be a model from the start point and end point to make it easier. Anyways, I made my own video with "exciting" advanced gorge webbing masterminding:

god video, sneaky gorger at work :P
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    select web. Shoot (left-click) to start web. Shoot (left-click) elsewhere to finish web...
    done?
  • CJoker3221CJoker3221 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165521Members
    select web. Shoot (left-click) to start web. Shoot (left-click) elsewhere to finish web...
    done?
    Yup, that's how it works