F2P gorge, now offical.

2»

Comments

• oMeoMe Join Date: 2004-02-01 Member: 25884Members
    _Necro_ wrote: »
    Having that gorge instead of another fighting class is already a disadvantage in many cases.
    Why should I pay 8res + babbler costs, losing time by placing them on the skulk, when 2 skulks are simply better than 1 with babblers? They are free! They are fast. I don't need to gestate. The res costs for babblers are simply wrong (and even more so to webs!). I can understand the nerf to them. But I think it would be a thousand times better to have the gorge cost 10 or 15res and make babblers and webs free.

Yup, also its annoying if u build up clogs, sets hydras and now even webs to protect an area and then the com can expand further and all u build seems useless for the moment.

Since u invested res into this u cant just move to the next position to build something up, that would be like throwing res away.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It wasn't that long ago when everything for the George was free. It's better this way because when everything was free, to balance things they where weaker and, in the case of hydras, did less damage. People wanted better HP and more damage done. So in order to give people what they wanted, for balance reasons, it then cost to place hydras. So basically people are wanting to go back on what they originally wanted, again.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    A price for hydras is another story. Free hydras were tried and didn't work, because the gorge spammed them in encounters. The current price for the hydra is ok. The only problem is that you don't get the res back when you recycle them.

Free babblers can work.
    They are not this deciding in their current nerfed state.
    Inta-Medpacks from the heaven are much more influencing.
    We all would love to see them more often.

Free webs would work too.
    They just need a really high energy cost to forbid spamming in encounters.
    And come on. They are an endgame ability. No need for the p-res cost.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Hydra cost is fine. Everything else should be free.
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Just don't die as gorge and your res problems will go away.
  • Know painKnow pain Join Date: 2012-09-04 Member: 157674Members
    I remember when hydras for the gorge were free, yes the gorge was actually annoying at that point. Now their only annoying if they have bile bomb.
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    IMO babblers are awfully designed. Their only useful feature is as a damage blocker when attached to aliens, and yet their standalone nature makes that considerably more difficult (due to having to aim the damn baitball) than if the gorge simply had some ability which increased armour at the cost of pres. Seems to me the devs didnt really have a clear idea of what they wanted from babblers (support or dmg) and as a result they are difficult to use as the former and totally worthless as the latter.
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ellnic wrote: »
    It wasn't that long ago when everything for the George was free. It's better this way because when everything was free, to balance things they where weaker and, in the case of hydras, did less damage. People wanted better HP and more damage done. So in order to give people what they wanted, for balance reasons, it then cost to place hydras. So basically people are wanting to go back on what they originally wanted, again.

its almost as if a forum is populated with a variety of individuals with differing opinions or something.
  • MisterNubsMisterNubs Join Date: 2012-03-01 Member: 147912Members
    Know pain wrote: »
    I remember when hydras for the gorge were free, yes the gorge was actually annoying at that point. Now their only annoying if they have bile bomb.

Because anything fun and useful for aliens is forbidden, as stated in the Marine Code rulebook page 237 line 6 code A. "Anything that gives Marine players the slightest bit of trouble is thus deemed unfun, will then be nerfed to the ground, hard, with a big hammer."

Isn't that like when Hyrdas still costed resources but still sucked the ever loving junk off a donkey? So they made them free instead, but Marines pouted that gorges could just replace the down hydra? Beta is growing foggy for me.