Female Marine Tribute!

delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
Oh my gosh, I'm in love <3

The model is superb, the voice is perfect for her and oh man the Aliens references! I'm like a happy kid on Christmas!

Thanks UWE, you guys ROCK!

Tell us what you think of the new fighter.

Comments

• VigilantiaVigilantia Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 51Members
    She reminds me of Jennifer Hale's Female Shepard kinda.
  • GlassesGlasses Join Date: 2010-01-11 Member: 70056Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2013
    delta78 wrote: »
    the voice is perfect for her and oh man the Aliens references! I'm like a happy kid on Christmas!

Thanks UWE, you guys ROCK!

Tell us what you think of the new fighter.
    Voice? Is there a video somewhere hidden in youtube?
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Female marine? Meh.

The game has severe problems related to balance and basic mechanics, which is still not done and is changed altogether with every major patch.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    I swear one of the taunts is:
    Nuke em all from orbit, its the only way to be sure.
    When i heard that.. i stopped biting. i had a wuuuuh moment.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    The voice actress is of course Lani Minella, who did the original alien hivemind and command chair lady voices for NS1. Her work is everywhere and chances are you've played another game or two that feature her talents (StarCraft 1 + 2, Mass Effect 3, The Elder Scrolls series, etc).
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    loving the deluxe gloves!

OdVYnyK.jpg

Everything about here feels right. UWE couldn't have done it any better!
  • ImbaxlaxImbaxlax Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186656Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I feel her boobs aren't big enough and she needs more revealing armour.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • KwisatzHaderachKwisatzHaderach Join Date: 2012-02-06 Member: 143872Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    AuroN2 wrote: »

Actually it's just "kill'em all, it's the only way to be sure".

The taunts are awesome!

• Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    why is she wearing clothes

i was told she wouldnt be wearing clothes

• hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    not STRONK enough
    FqRzO.jpg
    we need more male voice lines though, he's way cooler

also, if you get into exo you magically transform into a man
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    It's not funny if you spend over 10s reading it.
  • StormApanStormApan Join Date: 2007-06-17 Member: 61280Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I like what I see so far!
    Just annoyed about the crosshair bug, atleast it seems to be known =)
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold

You know, when I was at your age, we had those paper things called books, and some of them had so many pages you read them for days. And some of those, you would not believe it, were incredibly funny.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Kamamura wrote: »

You know, when I was at your age, we had those paper things called books, and some of them had so many pages you read them for days. And some of those, you would not believe it, were incredibly funny.
    But this is the internet [-X
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    I really don't like the voice work but the model is good. Kind of what I was expecting, but I was perhaps hoping to be a little surprised.
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited August 2013

The taunts are awesome!

Doesn't Ellen Ripley say something very similar in the movie ALIENS ???

Can't wait to get home from work and test this new patch out :)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2013
    SeeVee wrote: »

The taunts are awesome!

Hicks

Ripley
  • RaZDaZRaZDaZ Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    I'd appreciate it more if the god damn gun model wasn't so broken. I can't see half of my screen when I have a rifle out, it makes it extremely distracting in trying to maintain accuracy. Sticking with male marine for now until it's fixed because I'm finding it unplayable.

The nod to aliens and such is nice, VA and design is overall very appropriate. Nice job UWE but fix that draw gun model.
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Kouji_San wrote: »

The taunts are awesome!

Hicks

Ripley

More crappy shortened link please !
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    To me she sounds like ripley from alien and the rest of the movies
    Regnareb wrote: »

The taunts are awesome!

Hicks

Ripley

More crappy shortened link please !

517d429b00ddb_thumb_s.jpeg
    Ok
  • GameWarrior2216GameWarrior2216 Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181883Members
    I really don't like the voice work but the model is good. Kind of what I was expecting, but I was perhaps hoping to be a little surprised.

Same here and I feel terrible admitting it. I know the voice actress did her best but it comes off as trying too hard to sound tough, it sounds like she's imitating a man's voice to be honest. I would have preferred if she used a normal/calm sounding voice but a little snarky with the taunts.

A good example of my dislike with tough-sounding voices is TotalBiscuit's Tribes: Ascend VO. His normal sounding voice pack sounds good while his Stowaway voice pack is a bit cringe inducing. Using the same game as an example, this is kind of what I was expecting the female rine would have sounded like.

I apologize if my criticism was too harsh, I tend to do that, but I just wanted to put my $0.02 out there.
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond

Get off the Internet grandpa! Now you just need to slap a word or two on a guy from History Channel or funny drawn face and it's comedy gold.
    Oh well, maybe it's funnier when you watch it, with Stoklasa's very dynamic gesturing and all.

Back on the topic, I'd really want to hear this:

It would be actually very useful in-game.
  • FulgoFulgo Join Date: 2013-01-18 Member: 180399Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Same here and I feel terrible admitting it. I know the voice actress did her best but it comes off as trying too hard to sound tough, it sounds like she's imitating a man's voice to be honest. I would have preferred if she used a normal/calm sounding voice but a little snarky with the taunts.

A good example of my dislike with tough-sounding voices is TotalBiscuit's Tribes: Ascend VO. His normal sounding voice pack sounds good while his Stowaway voice pack is a bit cringe inducing. Using the same game as an example, this is kind of what I was expecting the female rine would have sounded like.

I apologize if my criticism was too harsh, I tend to do that, but I just wanted to put my $0.02 out there.

Thank god the female marine doesn't sound like that Tribes barbiegirl, which sounds like her dad bought her wrong colored iphone. Really liking the female marine voice acting here, nice Aliens nuances.
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    edited August 2013
    Hugh told me he is gonna ban me for a lifetime just for making this female marine image without any nudity or sexism, just a fanart tribute:

mM9tZ18.jpg
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members

Heresy

The taunts are awesome!

Hicks

Ripley

Maybe we ARE playing Colonial Marines after all:
    PLNVpAg.jpg