How to Fix Gorge's babblers.

griffgriff Join Date: 2013-08-10 Member: 186715Members
With the current update to babblers making them basically OP for early game skulks, I think I have found a solution. That would be to make them only usable on gorges. Thoughts?

Comments

• xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Never seemed to run into this issue, at least not the servers I play on.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've seen skulks with babbles who can't use it. I have seen other skulks who are skillfull to begin with fully utilize babblers. I assume its the later set that you are talking about.
  • griffgriff Join Date: 2013-08-10 Member: 186715Members
    Yes, a decently skilled skulk with babblers is very difficult to kill, especially 1vs1.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    xBlueXFoxx wrote: »
    Never seemed to run into this issue, at least not the servers I play on.

IIRC, each babbler has 30hp. You can fit 6 on a skulk. Throw in Carapace, and you have a skulk that's almost impossible to kill 1v1 in the early game. If you have a babbler skulk in a pack of regular skulks, you force the marines to either focus the babbler skulk, or try and kill all the other skulks first... either way you're leaving yourself open to getting bitten. It's not really a problem late game as much, but early game before the marines have weapons and armor upgrades, it makes winning engagements far too easy. Especially considering the fact that the game balance is heavily alien biased right now.
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Vanilla skulks vs Vanilla Marines is an issue in and of itself. However for babblers, it is a res investment on the Gorges part: 5 +2. For the most part, res buys power in this game as it should. I think that the number of babblers per skulk could use some tweaking, but it's a really useful mechanic. More options are generally better than less as they lead to more varied gameplay.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    They nerfed the babblers in the latest build.

They nerfed the babblers...
  • AliceTaylorAliceTaylor Join Date: 2013-05-03 Member: 185099Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    like DK bone shield of world of warcraft. % damage reduction, limit hits.