Tired of waiting the official t-shirt, i created my own

CicoCico Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33169Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited August 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Tired of waiting the availability of the official t-shirt here in Europe, i searched a way to get one, and then... the idea! Why not creating my own one?
So i took a pencil, some paper, my girlfriend's drawing skill and, after some sketches, uploaded the result to redbubble.com (i red somewhere it has the best quality t-shirts, hoping that's true.. i'll see in a week or 2 )

that's the result http://www.redbubble.com/people/cico/works/10744243-natural-selection

Some of my ns friends were so excited that told me to let it go public. I wasn't sure i could post it here, but i could try :)
I'm still playing with the site trying to create different models (and trying to keep the cost as low as possible), here: http://www.redbubble.com/people/cico/collections/230799-ns2?ref=carousel_collection

Oh and btw attached the image in a little better resolution:
I took the idea from a skeleton skulk i found on the internet. My gf copied a good part of it (thanks original author) to understand how it worked and then created the other 4 aliens. I think she did quite a good work :)
If you like it and want to personalize it in some way, just ask and i'll see what i can do

Edit: for the european people like me, i found spreadshirt that seems a little cheaper, copied them here: http://cico.spreadshirt.it/

Comments

• ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Ordered :)

Awesome work btw.
  • ResRes Join Date: 2003-08-27 Member: 20245Members
    I feel like that shirt is missing something. Perhaps the slash marks representing the number 2 in natural selection 2 in the background of the shirt.
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I'd really get permission before doing this. Anything involving money and other people's work is a sensitive issue.

Where is the link to their usage policy?
  • SammeySammey Join Date: 2012-06-14 Member: 153266Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Wow realy nice job! I think the opposite of what Res said. I love the minimalism on your designs!
    I do think this conflicts with the usage policy, since you probably get a fee from the t-shirt printing parties when your t-shirt design is ordered.
    I can't realy find their usage policy..maybe they don't have one yet! So quickly sell as much t-shirts as possible!! ;P
  • MarZMarZ Join Date: 2012-10-16 Member: 162473Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited August 2013
    Want more images of NS2 on t-shirts! Maybe i will purchase one with the Onos skeleton. Great work!

Edit: Now i purchased two: One Gorge and one Onos Skeleton. Maybe someone will see me wearing it and know what the Skeletons representate :P
  • CicoCico Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33169Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Well i wanted to add the " Natural // Selection " logo too for my own shirt, but then i decided it was better with that minimalistic design. And as i said i put them here only for those people like me who want some ns related tshirt and still cant' buy the official one. For sure i didn't come here trying to sell thousand things and neither selling logos i don't own. (Btw hugh said a lot of times that anyone can monetize with ns videos and stuff. These are hand maded by my gf. I don't think there is any problem, but if there is, it's ok for me to delete the links without a question )
    That said, i'm glad you like the work :)
  • RuntehRunteh Join Date: 2010-06-26 Member: 72163Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it is just polite to ask first in these instances. The devs will reply extremely promptly though, or you could e-mail the pr unihorse.

Don't get me wrong, being creative is a great thing and you've done a great job. But better to be safe than sorry, especially as UWE might be working on t-shirts and plushies themselves. If someone bought one of these, it could potentially mean a sale less for UWE.

Also, I'd argue that the artwork is far too close to the original designs and probably infringes copyright.

I hope I am not coming off as a cock, but that is just the way the world is! Having said all that, UWE are very generous.