Any idea what today's update was?

Comments

• joohoo_n3djoohoo_n3d Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164703Members, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Supporter
    omg female marines can birth children that throw tomatoes at aliens?!
    ....and the acidity of the tomatoes dissolves the armor of the aliens?!
    finally! a good counter to those deadly deadly deadly babblers *whew!*
    >-)
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Rich_ wrote: »
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Neoken wrote: »
    It's all for the greater good.

the greater good.

the greater good!
    the greater good

the greater good.
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    They put the release date of HL3 somewhere in the game. Nothing to see here.
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    culprit wrote: »
    It's the secret to why NS2 is so CPU-intensive. Every LUA loop has hidden bit-coin mining code that helps pay for the endless development of NS2. That's why they keep having the sales and free weekends, the influx of new players pays big :P
    Not to mention HL3 confirmed.
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Totally unrelated:

fJLy9CQ.png
  • ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    edited August 2013
    I'm 99% sure I know something that did change in game. Give me 30 minutes and I'll come back with some screenshots. Biodome creepin' up on every map!

ra42.jpg

oq5f.jpg
    The 1st one is from summit, I have a nagging point in the back of my head that it's always been there.

The 2nd one is from Veil, East Junction. I SWEAR I've never seen it before.

Unsure if I'm crazy or if there is something on every official map?!?
  • PoliniPolini Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164602Members, Reinforced - Shadow

Sorry but the Veil one isnt new and the another... i dont know but veil not.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The upper one is in Atrium, I suppose? That's been there for a few releases already, I'm afraid :)
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    ChrisAUS wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure I know something that did change in game. Give me 30 minutes and I'll come back with some screenshots. Biodome creepin' up on every map!

ra42.jpg

oq5f.jpg
    The 1st one is from summit, I have a nagging point in the back of my head that it's always been there.

The 2nd one is from Veil, East Junction. I SWEAR I've never seen it before.

Unsure if I'm crazy or if there is something on every official map?!?

Those are Mendasp's plants!
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    culprit wrote: »
    It's the secret to why NS2 is so CPU-intensive. Every LUA loop has hidden bit-coin mining code that helps pay for the endless development of NS2. That's why they keep having the sales and free weekends, the influx of new players pays big :P

Laughed harder than I should have.
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2013
    Some amusing theories here, would be a shame to put an end to them. But if you want to know the real reason for the patch...
    Just an update to the DirectX redistributable, in preparation for the patch. :O
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    The plant on veil has been there for a while.

I wouldnt say it has nothing to do with biodome, though...
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    The plant on veil has been there for a while.

I wouldnt say it has nothing to do with biodome, though...

I would, though, because it doesn't. Believe me, there's no way map assets are going to fit in 96MB of data.
    What I mean: Long before biodome was announced, this plant that appeared out of nowhere in one build was maybe a little hint on the future.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    What I mean: Long before biodome was announced, this plant that appeared out of nowhere in one build was maybe a little hint on the future.
    Oh. Well, yeah. Maybe. Mendasp is silly.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    Mendasp wrote: »
    The plants on Veil and Summit are unrelated to Biodome, it's a little in-joke because people kept requesting plants in Atrium... Also they've been there for a very long time now.

Meh.
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    something to do with ausns2.org community? probably banning everyone from the game. Blame Zimoi & the highly credible admin team.
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    What Ironpony said is correct. Max was fiddling with some stuff related to steam. To our knowledge there is no change to the game itself, hence the build number remains unchanged.

Sorry if we got your hopes up. :P

Lol Ironpony, I like that
  • DraptorDraptor Join Date: 2013-03-05 Member: 183721Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    814 megs downloading right now for some reason...
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Join Date: 2005-05-15 Member: 51659
    That must be something dangerous.
    Now, this update has a lot more than just DirectX stuff.
    Although it has that too. In spades.
  • PaLaGiPaLaGi Join Date: 2008-01-03 Member: 63331Members, Constellation
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @Palagi approved response:

Hi everyone,

Ironhorse here. Thanks for noticing the B252 has gone live. For certain specific reasons, it was important to get this patch out as soon as possible to have the new renderer tested, and it ended up going live on Steam before we could give you guys any information. Our normal PR/community manager Hugh is very busy catching up making the changelog, however. The actual changelog is quite lengthy and we wanted to make sure we didn't miss anything. This will be posted very soon in a front page news post.

Having our valued users suddenly be unable to connect to servers and be generally confused after a patch update is not a customer experience we strive for. I appreciate your patience while we continue to improve. Meanwhile, some of the servers have already been updated and there are some great new features, including improvement that I think you guys will enjoy. As always, please let us know of any bugs in the tech support forums that you find and we will do our best to squash them!

Thanks,
    Ironhorse

Love it! <3 Next time can you have Hugh busy taking a dump tho? I mean in the toilet, not on the community.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
  • XaoXao Join Date: 2012-12-12 Member: 174840Members