Biomass 4 ?

Anti94Anti94 Join Date: 2013-07-31 Member: 186489Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hi,

Currently you can upgrade a hive up to biomass 3 (cost 30 res).
What if you could upgrade it to biomass 4 (cost 40res), or even biomass 5 (cost >= 40) or biomass 6 (cost >= 40) ?
The total amount of biomass would still be capped to 12 (or any other number >=9).

It would give a chance to the aliens to tech up even if they are restricted to 1 or 2 hives. This would be particularly usefull on Veil but not only.
The cost of biomass 4/5/6 would make it still more advantageous to the aliens to have more hives rather than having only one hive fully upgraded.

What do you think ?

Comments

• PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
    More options are always nice. I understand Biomass still encourages expansion to unlock Kharaa's full potential (ala pre-250 upgrade system), but expansion in itself is already a very good incentive for territory control and more spawn points, also unlocking Hive types/evolutions.

On the other hand, I have been thinking about tying Biomass to the Hive's maturity... as in a level increases as your Hive ages to 50% and 100% (so still 3 levels). Perhaps the optional paid Biomass research should remain then to allow more flexibility on 1 Hive!

So, I support this idea! After all, you pay for what you get :)
  • yehawmcgrawyehawmcgraw Join Date: 2012-09-16 Member: 159694Members
    Yes I don't like that biomass can only be achieved on some maps (e.i. 5 tech points); it seems wonky for such a highly developed game, and it can be much harder to kill the final marine turtle without all that biomass on some maps
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
  • Nexus5Nexus5 Join Date: 2013-07-27 Member: 186420Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yes I don't like that biomass can only be achieved on some maps (e.i. 5 tech points); it seems wonky for such a highly developed game, and it can be much harder to kill the final marine turtle without all that biomass on some maps

Agreed!
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Another advantage would be that Aliens could get Leap even after losing a second hive. In that stage of the game, Marines will typically have Jetpacks, so Aliens would have more chance of a comeback.