Multiple mods in mapcycle file

BulletSponge51BulletSponge51 Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148294Members, Reinforced - Shadow
Hello gents, I've recently acquired a server and have been getting acquainted with configuring it. I've been trying to get some mods running, shine administration and ns2stats. My problem is that I don't seem to understand the proper syntax to get my mapcycle file right. Both mods will load on server start, but once the map changes one or both no longer load depending on which syntax I tried to use. Do I need to list the mods for each map, or will a simple "mods": line after the line of maps work? If someone could please paste an example for me to follow I'd be much obliged.

Does it need to look like this:
{ "map": "ns2_summit", "mods": [ "706d242" "5fd7a38" ] }

I've tried that for each map with the quotations as you seem them, with only 2 quotations on the ends, and with 4 quotations and a comma between. All result in the same.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• Person8880Person8880 Join Date: 2013-01-02 Member: 177167Members, Squad Five Blue
    Try something like this:
    {
      "mode": "order",
      "maps": [ "ns2_docking", "ns2_mineshaft", "ns2_refinery", "ns2_summit", "ns2_tram", "ns2_veil", "ns2_descent" ],
      "time": 30,
      "mods": [  "706d242", "5fd7a38"  ]
    }

You only need to use per-map mods for custom maps and/or loading certain mods only on those maps.

The syntax is JSON, there's a few JSON validators around on the internet that can check the file for you to make sure it's the correct syntax.
  • BulletSponge51BulletSponge51 Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148294Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Once again you come to my rescue Person, I appreciate it man.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    A good way to avoid syntax errors in mapcycle.json when setting up mods is to config the mods through the webadmin. It will properly format and update the file when changing around mods.
  • BulletSponge51BulletSponge51 Join Date: 2012-03-06 Member: 148294Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thanks scardybob, I haven't even tried touchin the webadmin yet. I'm hosting my server remotely through Blue Fang Solutions, and everything I've tried looking up on how to get it goin is based on having the server on a local machine. I see in my server text file that I have it setup with user name and password, and all the proper folders are there, but not sure where to go from there. Can you point me in the right direction of how to access it? What do I need to enter into my browser to get there?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited August 2013
    The webadmin should be at 127.0.0.1:<webport>/index.html on a local server. By default webport is 80 you can change it with -webport [number]
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for the reply but I'm not hosting locally. My server is a rental and remote. None of the server files are on any machine that I own or have physical access to. Do I need to copy some files to my machine and then access it through the method you posted? I'm still rather new to all of this and kinda lost in the dark here.

Edit: Nevermind, I got it handled. The port was 2 higher then the server port. Thanks to those of you who replied!