NZ & AUS players looking for casual gaming?

CrouchasaursCrouchasaurs Join Date: 2013-08-06 Member: 186585Members, Reinforced - Shadow
I picked up NS2 when it was released on Steam, played it for around 40 hrs then shelved it till about a month ago. I can't stop playing since I picked it back up, but I am really interested in playing with people who have mics and enjoy working as a team, but don't want to commit to a clan or anything. I'd like to think I'm a slightly above average player and I know the ins and outs of the game well enough to advise rookies.

I am not seeking to play with people who want a strictly competitive environment, but instead just to have fun and play the game the way it was meant to be played, with teamwork! There is no strict criteria around ability, so rookies are welcome, (I have played 140 hours of NS2 and I am sure there are people who have played much less and much more than that with varying levels of skill). So if you are interested in having a game sometime you can message me your Steam name and we can try assemble some kind of casual team.

Comments

• KhyronKhyron Join Date: 2012-02-02 Member: 143308Members
    Have a look at ausns2.org
  • male_fatalitiesmale_fatalities ausns2.org Join Date: 2004-03-06 Member: 27185Members, Constellation
    Come to ausns2.org mumble server. This is where the PUG / Competitive community lay and all teams in Australia (except 1) idle here and pug/play ns2 together.

• d0ped0gd0ped0g Join Date: 2003-05-25 Member: 16679Members
    If you're a kiwi, you're welcome to stop by the desolate wasteland known as the Gameplanet Natural Selection 2 forums - www.nsnz.co.nz
  • MouseMouse The Lighter Side of Pessimism Join Date: 2002-03-02 Member: 263Members, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2013
  • CrouchasaursCrouchasaurs Join Date: 2013-08-06 Member: 186585Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah the NZ community seems to be a little dead and unfortunately I suspect that most Australia players who wanted to join a group/clan are probably already spoken for :/
  • elodeaelodea Editlodea Join Date: 2009-06-20 Member: 67877Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Mouse wrote: »
    (except 1)
    ?
    snx!
  • HazMattHazMatt Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186391Members
    Me and a few other friends have recently gotten into NS2. I have about 30 hours so far, so I'm still pretty new but not completely noob either. It'd be pretty cool if you came onto our australian TeamSpeak server (we own it) so you could be that +1 to our small group of players. And judging by your hours, you'd be a good mentor too. So if you're interested, I'll give you the IP :) Just casual games too, we aren't skilled enough yet for anything competitive. Hope to get a reply from you!
  • CrouchasaursCrouchasaurs Join Date: 2013-08-06 Member: 186585Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Sounds good man, I'll message you.
  • SebSeb Melbourne, AU Join Date: 2013-04-01 Member: 184576Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Retired Community Developer
    unfortunately I suspect that most Australia players who wanted to join a group/clan are probably already spoken for :/

Not at all! Hello by the way, I'm the community moderator for AusNS2 and feel free to stop by the mumble server at any point. There are some really cool people in our community that are super friendly and more than welcoming to new faces.

• The_Flying_FishThe_Flying_Fish Join Date: 2003-11-30 Member: 23757Members
    word of warning about ausns2.org, don't link to the uwe frontpage (you get banned for 10 days)