Results of NS2 Satisfaction Survey V2

YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
New topic just to let those that participated in it know the overall results. Would post raw data but unsure if allowed since it has a few insults/profanities.

Comments

• Enhance89Enhance89 Join Date: 2009-11-04 Member: 69261Members
    edited August 2013
    One thing I'm always interested in when it comes to these surveys - what do people believe is a reasonable amount of time to address gameplay/balance issues in a video game? Thinking outside of NS2, as well. Sometimes, I get the impression people expect changes to happen within days of the first complaint. If it's an absolutely gamebreaking issue, devs will typically fix it asap. Most of the complaints I see aren't necessarily game-breaking, like a really bad glitch or something along those lines. Most of the complaints I see are controversial and debatable amongst the community.

Yet, according to the survey, 52 percent of people believe it takes too long to address balance issues. 250 was released a little more than month ago, I think 251 was released two weeks ago and a major update is coming in about three weeks. That seems like a reasonable amount of time to implement changes and efficiently test them.

Again, just kind of curious as to what more of the community thinks about this.

• hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2013
    How is the lack of proper tutorials that's bleeding out the new players literally (in-game) and figuratively controversial?
    Sure, you can stay on your servers with the veterans (enjoying those stacks when there's not enough good players on it), totally ignoring the whole other side, but then don't come crying about the game dying, "because they are CoD kiddies for sure, how could they not know about gaining speed by walljumping/[insert any hidden, weird or just new and not explained in-game mechanic/strategy/tactic here], it's obvious! Am I right guys?".

Forcing the game to be some kind of tournament, e-sport bullshit even before it's at least balanced a bit? Yeah, remember that one cup (or preliminary was it?) where the only team that somehow won as marines was Archaea? That was sure fun and exciting to watch, great cringe material out of commentators if someone could find it.
    Game needs a good and balanced gameplay first, not to mention a proper hitreg mechanics and optimization for this kind of thing, you know? Then people will come. I hate this kind of attitude so much since Tribes: Ascend tried it, failed hard and jumped ship to another cashgrab as you know.

At least everyone agrees at babblers being the most retarded update, right? Where are the cobwebs?

I really want to enjoy this game, but it has become such a repetitive chore lately it's not even funny, or fun.
    LOL @ 24+ slot servers, even a 64 one
    Here's one 4 u m8
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    Get rid of marine turtles and the game is fine for me :>
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Heh! 58% of NS2 players think they are better than the average NS2 player.

:D
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    You should try putting that wall of text with players elaborating on what's wrong with the game in a wordcloud, may be more interesting to look at
    http://www.wordle.net/
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    _Necro_ wrote: »
    Heh! 58% of NS2 players think they are better than the average NS2 player.

:D

58% of people who participated in the survey...
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Xarius wrote: »
    You should try putting that wall of text with players elaborating on what's wrong with the game in a wordcloud, may be more interesting to look at
    http://www.wordle.net/

Eh didn't work out that great
  • hub3rtu2hub3rtu2 Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165478Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    edited August 2013
    Eh didn't work out that great
    But it did.

Hard fun pub made NS2 lack many player
    Seems Aliens feels win enough
    People stacked big even
    Boring stuff Marine needs
    Performance hours issue match sale
    Make UWE gameplay longer
    Little good server
    Think reason fades balance frustrating
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    hub3rtu2 wrote: »
    How is the lack of proper tutorials that's bleeding out the new players literally (in-game) and figuratively controversial?
    Sure, you can stay on your servers with the veterans (enjoying those stacks when there's not enough good players on it), totally ignoring the whole other side, but then don't come crying about the game dying, "because they are CoD kiddies for sure, how could they not know about gaining speed by walljumping/[insert any hidden, weird or just new and not explained in-game mechanic/strategy/tactic here], it's obvious! Am I right guys?".

Forcing the game to be some kind of tournament, e-sport bullshit even before it's at least balanced a bit? Yeah, remember that one cup (or preliminary was it?) where the only team that somehow won as marines was Archaea? That was sure fun and exciting to watch, great cringe material out of commentators if someone could find it.
    Game needs a good and balanced gameplay first, not to mention a proper hitreg mechanics and optimization for this kind of thing, you know? Then people will come. I hate this kind of attitude so much since Tribes: Ascend tried it, failed hard and jumped ship to another cashgrab as you know.

At least everyone agrees at babblers being the most retarded update, right? Where are the cobwebs?

I really want to enjoy this game, but it has become such a repetitive chore lately it's not even funny, or fun.
    LOL @ 24+ slot servers, even a 64 one
    Here's one 4 u m8

yep!
  • ColtColtColtColt Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153707Members
    Interesting data, but I don't think it got a wide enough sampling. At sub 300 responses total, it seems a little bit useless. Very cool little read though on the final data... if only it had 2000 responses rather than sub 300.

Thanks for this. A little informative.

-Colt
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    ColtColt wrote: »
    Interesting data, but I don't think it got a wide enough sampling. At sub 300 responses total, it seems a little bit useless. Very cool little read though on the final data... if only it had 2000 responses rather than sub 300.

-Colt

The game doesn't even have this many daily players o.O
  • patpat Join Date: 2013-06-15 Member: 185569Members
    ColtColt wrote: »

-Colt
    300 can carry a lot of statistical power, depending on the situation. the real problem is that it's a voluntary sample which means that any serious analysis of it would be flawed regardless of the number of people responding to it.
  • VenatosVenatos Join Date: 2012-03-31 Member: 149762Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    alone the fakt that more then half of the participants have been here since beta and nearly 2/3 played ns1 says a lot.
    once ur hooked, ur hooked for live. ;)
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    edited August 2013
    Venatos wrote: »
    alone the fakt that more then half of the participants have been here since beta and nearly 2/3 played ns1 says a lot.
    once ur hooked, ur hooked for live. ;)

It doesn't tell anything because we have no idea how many of the players who stopped playing the game would fit that description as well, since they obviously wouldn't participate in a survey that was only posted in the forum of a game that they no longer play.

Most of the players in these forums are those who love the game enough to create an account here. But that is only a small representation of the whole player base.
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    Great survey! "useful" or not, it's interesting.
    hub3rtu2 wrote: »
    Hard fun pub made NS2 lack many player
    Seems Aliens feels win enough
    People stacked big even
    Boring stuff Marine needs
    Performance hours issue match sale
    Make UWE gameplay longer
    Little good server
    Think reason fades balance frustrating
    :-bd