Play Gathers

statikgstatikg Join Date: 2012-09-19 Member: 159978Members
If your not playing as many scrims as you used to....play gathers!! I'm sad that the gather scene is pretty dead. It helps maintain the competitive community and its better then pubbing.

Comments

• Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    They are enjoyable if you get a good team so maybe I'll try it out a bit in the coming days
  • ForlornHopeForlornHope Join Date: 2003-08-01 Member: 18675Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited July 2013
    I think it would really benefit UWE and the game for UWE to post a blog about gathers and also how to get started in competitive play.

A lot of people haven't got patience for the forum and there is very little information else where and all in one place about it.
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think it would really benefit UWE and the game for UWE to post a blog about gathers and also how to get started in competitive play.

A lot of people haven't got patience for the forum and there is very little information else where and all in one place about it.

Promoting gathers wouldn't be a good move considering they're working on Sabot which seems to be a sort of match making/lobby system for NS2.

• GoldenGolden Join Date: 2004-09-01 Member: 31169Members, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    I highly doubt Sabot will be released anytime in the next 6 months.
  • jewbearjewbear Join Date: 2013-02-09 Member: 182943Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    Gathers personally kick started me into playing ns2 competitively. There was a month or so where gathers were really kicking and sometime when the player count dipped, the gather count seemed to dip as well. Guess my point is that playing gathers will introduce more people into the comp. scene for sure.

My only problem with playing gathers before build 250 was the game was getting stale and unenjoyable when it wasn't being played from a serious competitive standpoint with players I knew. That case should be different now.
  • MewSkittyMewSkitty Join Date: 2012-12-01 Member: 173805Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    is it possible to make something like tf2lobby.com?

xxx
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Ummm... doesn't ensl.org do the same thing as tf2lobby? It is a bit simplified but ya...
  • Mattk50Mattk50 Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182824Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The gathers site has been extremely successful in mystifying me every time i've been bored and wanted to play a game.

Reddit pugs are a lot easier to get into, you just need a voice client.
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    or esea could stop being lame and ditch 90% of their never used tf2 servers and swap them to ns2 which will be played instead

not a single person in the tf2 competitive community uses esea to pug, they only use esea for league matches; they don't even scrim on them

That's like 40+ always empty servers and they do nothing about it
  • KanehKaneh Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174783Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    too late, most of the NA comp scene is doing reddit pugs =S
  • GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
    Kaneh wrote: »

there are still players left ? D:
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    Gamerkatze wrote: »
    Kaneh wrote: »

there are still players left ? D:

:[
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Reddit pugs are pretty solid every night, especially west coast time. I know, however, that it's primarily due to great pug community leaders being active and continually seeding when pugs are needing more members. I am not sure it would be nearly as successful without some of the key people handling it. Perhaps the gathers can incorporate in some way what reddit pugs do. When say 6 or more people are signed up for the gather, it sends out a steam message to people in the gather group that they're close to having enough for a game. Come join.

Personally I probably wouldn't be in as many pugs if I didn't get that message (even though it is annoying sometimes coming back from afk with 8 of those things on my screen).
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    edited August 2013
    how to join these pugz
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    wiry wrote: »
    how to join these pugz

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rns2pugs
    Mumble info:

• wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    same group for euros?
  • VindalooVindaloo Join Date: 2012-12-04 Member: 174127Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    same group for euros?
    Well, there is no euro. We have an euro reddit group: http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433722326 we used to play every night at 8 cest, but most of the players went competitive or left NS2 all togehter, then without these regulars it slowly died down. We also have our own mumble and server, if there is any interest and people who would want to run this, I can help them setup (I am admin of the group, the mumble and the server).
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    The way it works here (us) from what I gather is that the mumble is in the same mumble as one or two US competitive teams, so there's always people there. I think for it to work out, you might try something similar.
    same group for euros?

We usually play on a central US server but last night we did some west coast and I think they did one in Australia after I left. I'm sure people wouldn't mind using an east coast US server or even a UK one if there were enough europeans playing.
  • CatCopCatCop Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20296Members, Constellation
    same group for euros?

We usually play on a central US server ... I'm sure people wouldn't mind using an east coast US server or even a UK one if there were enough europeans playing.

Yeah, we have some Dallas servers that we play on which normally aren't the worst for European players but if enough people voice that they'd use another server we're flexible. I don't care what my ping is, my medpacks will miss regardless.

• KanehKaneh Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174783Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    the dallas servers are 180~ ping to nordic countries? and ~150 to britain/germany. so noticable, but not unplayable. lots of random eu people stop by. sometimes we have them at like 6 EST which is like midnight cest.