[FIXED] Web Admin GUI Not Working

-pANIC--pANIC- Join Date: 2013-01-13 Member: 179295Members, Reinforced - Gold
edited July 2013 in Server Discussion
Hi,

I recently had to migrate my NS2 server from VMWare to a Linux KVM hypervisor. Since then the web admin GUI does not work. When I browse to XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080 I am prompted to enter login credentials where I am then taken to a page of text that looks like this:
{ "cheats": "false", "webport": "8080", "marine_res": 84, "alien_res": 84, "webdomain": "ns2server", "uptime": 276, "player_list": [  ], "server_name": "Don't -pANIC- ! Calgary", "frame_rate": 29.996221542358, "players_online": 0, "marines": 0, "aliens": 0, "devmode": "false", "map": "ns2_descent" }

Nothing on the server has changed other than having installed a new network adapter and associated driver and a memory management service.
I removed both the c:\ns2server and c:\user\%username%\appdata\roaming\natural selection 2\ folders entirely and re-installed but getting the same deal.

Am I missing some files that should be deleted?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    Webadmin and lot of others things are not working on linux system at the moment.
    Features that WILL NOT work when hosting NS2 on Linux with Wine:
    - ServerAdmins.json works perfectly, the server reads from the file. But admin commands cannot be executed at all from the game console or server console, so ServerAdmins.json is almost pointless.
    - Server Addons. Admin mods, NS2Stats, and other game modifications will not work at all.
    - IP assignment that is not your eth0:0 IP. If you have multiple IP's at your disposal, you must use your eth0:0 IP if you wish for the server to appear on the master list, else it will not show up at all. It is still joinable, but again, it will not show up on the server list.
    from here
  • -pANIC--pANIC- Join Date: 2013-01-13 Member: 179295Members, Reinforced - Gold
    It's a Windows VM.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    Ah sry, didnt read full post:
    Try XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:8080/index.html
  • -pANIC--pANIC- Join Date: 2013-01-13 Member: 179295Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Ye that works. Weird. Thanks bro.