ns2 dev vids

SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
edited July 2013 in Off-Topic
if someone feels bored, i was going through my youtube channel today and made a bunch of old dev videos public: youtube.com/user/kenia43/videos

good memories :)

Comments

• RoflcopterV22RoflcopterV22 Arizona Join Date: 2013-04-03 Member: 184616Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Dat gorge HUD video with "SPIKEY" made me really want to be able to name the hydras I plop down.
  • aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
    edited July 2013

The old shade ink was crazy scary! Was it too OP and had to be changed?
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013

That looks fantastic and should replace spikes with necessary transparency change. <3

The sayings menu was great in the beta, should be brought back. Was the same as Chivalrys, which is also great. The rose menu would be a lot better if it was transparent and you didn't need to click on what you wanted.

I could probably comment all day as I watch through these... I'll stop now.

Thanks for the vids. Some pretty awesome stuff here.

edit: Damn I'm noticing so many tooltips. Little messages that appear when playing classes and switching to abilities. Even when looking at structures. What happened.

CRAWLERS !

Animations for these building dropped structures would look a lot more natural than the drifter. : D
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Dat echo.

Entire whip armies out of nowhere, and they don't even have to be close to the Shift. It's super OP, but at least it's easy to use.
    Plus echoing Hives…

And that old Xenocide looks way badass with that cloud and primal scream to announce it.
  • XariusXarius Join Date: 2003-12-21 Member: 24630Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I wish theyd fix echoing hives