More Maps!

duck_birdduck_bird Join Date: 2012-08-06 Member: 154862Members
Hey UKW,

I absolutely adore NS2. I played NS1 for years and years and I have countless hours invested in the original. It makes me so happy to see a sequel that lives up to its predecessor. I love how the game is coming together, and you guys are putting together an awesome game.

My biggest wish right now is for more maps! Personally I'd love to see more NS1 maps come back for NS2, but really I just want some more diversity! Having roughly 4-5 maps in circulation on most servers starts to get a tidbit repetitive!

Give me hera, give me tanith! And nothing, and lost! Even altair! You can keep bast though, lol.

Comments

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131201/after-800-hours-in-the-game#latest

You might have missed that. Shinigami doesn't know how to properly label his threads.
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    We pugged tanith last night. Besides Waste still being a terrible alien start, I think the gameplay is going to go very well with ns2. Except that theirs no code for water in double lol
  • PostawaPostawa Join Date: 2007-02-08 Member: 59912Members
    edited July 2013
    This should be one of the more pressing issues for UWE. I've played probably around 800 hours of NS2 and the game is great, however, the little amount of maps is ruining the game. Because NS2 has such dynamic gameplay it is really hard to produce maps that are balanced and fun to play. My idea?

I don't know how much money UWE made off of this game but they really ought to think about running a community map development contest (Similar to what Valve has done with cs:go) and pay the community to build more maps.

I'm sure if they offered 1,000$ a map we'd probably have more variety of gameplay. After playing this game for a year it's kind of becoming dry with the whopping 5 maps.
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    mattji104 wrote: »
    We pugged tanith last night. Besides Waste still being a terrible alien start, I think the gameplay is going to go very well with ns2. Except that theirs no code for water in double lol

Actually there is, Feha's Water mod, it's slightly buggy, but it works.
  • Nexus5Nexus5 Join Date: 2013-07-27 Member: 186420Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Underground water based map would be awesome, with water falls, lakes and rivers in amongst the areas you can build a base.

Also some kind of high up Mountain based map and definitely a forest/jungle type map, though prob be laggy as hell.