Lights out untill power node. Some other ideas.

HardnailsHardnails Join Date: 2012-12-17 Member: 175355Members
Hey. so i had an idea about how the lighting can be changed.

Basically while there is no node built the lights are out, so the base is dark until marines activate lights.

Perhaps the commander could switch on emergency lights for a few res?

Now you'll be thinking "Balancing d00d"

I've had some thoughts about this too, How about allowing marines to take a special spotlight in the utility spot, which if aimed at an alien using night vision it acts like a flash-bang, thus blinding them for a few moments. something like that.

I think it would add to the atmosphere of the game. marines going into a base that went dark.

What do you guys think? again balancing would be a big issue here so it would require some deep thought.

Comments

• MontypMontyp Join Date: 2013-04-22 Member: 184930Members
    I love the idea of lights always being off with no power. However if there was a way for me to blind aliens I would never use anything else ever. Just flash the aliens and whip out my main weapon then destroy them. Imagine if you did that as a team of 2, 1 person with a rifle or SG the other with your blinding tool. No skulk would be able to touch you!

I think just the lights fully powered down, and a cost of 1-3 tres for 30'seconds of emergency lighting would be plenty
  • AyanomooseAyanomoose Join Date: 2013-05-06 Member: 185153Members
    Montyp wrote: »
    I love the idea of lights always being off with no power. However if there was a way for me to blind aliens I would never use anything else ever. Just flash the aliens and whip out my main weapon then destroy them. Imagine if you did that as a team of 2, 1 person with a rifle or SG the other with your blinding tool. No skulk would be able to touch you!

I think just the lights fully powered down, and a cost of 1-3 tres for 30'seconds of emergency lighting would be plenty

Well, I would think that it would only work if the lights are off, so you wouldn't really have to worry about the blinding being abused. Plus it gives a minor incentive to not kill the power node. I think it would be pretty cool. Although instead of a special spotlight, maybe just use the regular flashlight. Base flashlight could simply show up on alien vision and maybe annoy an alien, but you could then surge some power into it and make it really strong. This would make your gun unable to fire for a moment, but if you had a buddy with you you could simply flash and let him take care of the alien. It's another feature that could encourage teamwork.
  • Nexus5Nexus5 Join Date: 2013-07-27 Member: 186420Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I think keep it simple.

I believe that all area's should be on emergency power (red light) until the Marines rebuild the power, I don't feel complete black out is needed, but if everything was running on emergency power it would still add to the ambience of the game and draw people in more.