Content Update speculation thread
To not spam the other thread, let's speculate about what's in the September content update here!
Add your ideas!
- Female Marine
No gameplay addition but I guess she's nice to have.
- Linux support (if they make it in time) and OpenGL/DX3D11 support
- Map: Biodome
- Map: Eclipse
This excellent remake vanished from the face of custom map servers, with the rumor it will be made official. Later rumors spoke of big changes to the layout, and whether the map should keep it's name or that would irritate people who expect a more true to the original layout. Anyways, will we see this gem in the update?
- Hand Grenades
Nade cooking, oh yeah! Vent Skulks, beware! These might be extremely fun.
- Gorge Webs
Not sure what these are, but people keep mentioning them.
- HMG or some other new Marine gun (admittedly, this is disputable)
Recent balance mod changelogs spoke of an Assault Rifle with bigger clip capacity and more damage/DPS. Does this remind you of anything? While I'm not sure what happened to the idea, a high DPS spray-and-pray like weapon to combat higher lifeforms (especially Fades) might give Marines what they often need.
- Matchmaking and Tournament Support
This seems to be the point of Sabot. Will it be in the update?
- Balance changes that give Aliens more possible upgrade order variety, and improve 1 Hive Alien comeback ability.
- Can we have a chat box? And maybe keybinds and some of the other small things people request repeatedly. Please :P
Add your ideas!