Keyettings for commanderskills

stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
Since I am from germany I would like to change the key for nutrient mist y<->z.
Until now there is no such option in the menu for the keybindings.
I would love to see one added.
Is there a fast way to do by using the console or some configfile? Changing my local keyboardsetting wont be a good solution.

I also often think that it would be nice to drop medpacks/ammo by using the mousewheel up/down.
It would be very nice, if all bindings could be done in the options menu.

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    The easiest way is to use this mod http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=136052221. Otherwise you have to edit Steam\userdata\[STEAMID]\4920\remote\options.xml ;)
  • stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    Thx for your help. Mods wont work on too many servers in my experience.
    I already checked the options.xml, but wasnt able to find anything that looked like the keybinding for nutrient mist... Where I can find it in the options.xml?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2013
    To override z with y (QWERTZ-Layout) add the following:
    <Z>Y</Z>
    <Y>Z</Y>
  • stibaerstibaer Join Date: 2013-07-25 Member: 186398Members
    THx for the info. Will try it when Iam back home. Is there a way to change it in the console inside the game? Whats the command to see which function is bound to a certain key? For example when I want to see what the funtion on the z-key is called to rebind it to y?
    I dont think that there is a console command to check which key is bound to what. ofc you can try e.g bind Z Y but im not sure if that works (never tried it).
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I can see what I can do about adding it to the mod I made.