Random only servers?

MeldityMeldity Join Date: 2013-03-03 Member: 183593Members
I'm having trouble enjoying this game as theres always about 2-3 good friends constantly stacking teams. Why isn't random automatic in this game?

Comments

• TinkerTinker Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14395Members
    Because people like to play with their friends? Because people don't like to play with scrubs who don't work together?

Take your pick, they are the same thing. I'd recommend finding and joining servers with a teamwork focused community. You'll get less stacks as everyone tends to know almost everyone else and they are more willing to work with new players who communicate.

I'm fond of OldF and TacticalGamer servers.
  • KasharicKasharic Hull, England Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184473Members, Forum Admins, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    Gaming Deluxe servers rarely experience stacking (especially the Blue Eyed Dragon one) mainly due to the fact that pretty much everyone who uses them gets to know everyone else, we're all regulars :)
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    At least in an intentional stack you can f4 and start a new round early.

Randomized stacks are the worst! And happen much more frequently than intentional stacks.
  • MkollMkoll Join Date: 2013-02-11 Member: 182996Members
    edited May 2013
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    At least in an intentional stack you can f4 and start a new round early.

Randomized stacks are the worst! And happen much more frequently than intentional stacks.
    Our server (WNx - Warrior Nation's Battle Grounds) is hosted by Gaming Deluxe, has random on as votable (and it frequently is voted in), is actively adminned and has excellent regulars who love to play as a team.

They have this guy called Mkoll though who is a TERRIBLE skulk. Ask Darkling.
  • Smokey1Smokey1 Join Date: 2013-07-24 Member: 186349Members
    This is a game where tons of friends usually get on to practice or just plainly have fun. I know i do it with my buddies, and i wouldn't mind joining an all random server with them, knowing that just one time maybe they will get on the marine team and i can Skulk my way to victory.