Counter Strike 1.6

apextosoeo2apextosoeo2 Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186307Members
I have opened ports that Half Life and Counter Strike requires so that other people can see me...I opened them and no1 can connect...it just keep saying retry...retry(1)...all the time...Any help?:)

(i am not interested to open a global Counter Strike 1.6 server just a Counter Strike 1.6 server to log with friends 4 fun)

Comments

• PostawaPostawa Join Date: 2007-02-08 Member: 59912Members
  • apextosoeo2apextosoeo2 Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186307Members
    Well i wana creat a non steam server cause like i told before we just wana log for fun there and play...that's all...i tried hamatchi and still something is wrong with the ports...to me it says they are open and to my friends keep saying them rety....retry(1)...retry(2)....I just wana help with that...How to fix it...Any tip or tips it would be so helpfull..:)
  • apextosoeo2apextosoeo2 Join Date: 2013-07-22 Member: 186307Members
    I have used hamachi as well...still the same...Retry retry retry...
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited July 2013
    NS2 requires an active connection to the steam authentication servers, you cannot connect to servers without an internet connection. Once everyone is connected you can turn off the internet, but if someone disconnects they have to go through the authentication process once more using the online Steam authentication servers.

Hmm, alright so this isn't about NS2... Ehm let's see, are you using the sv_lan 1 setting in your server configs, I think CS 1.6 servers can be offgrid... It's been too long for me to remember :P
  • PostawaPostawa Join Date: 2007-02-08 Member: 59912Members
    edited July 2013
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    .. It's been too long for me to remember :P

That's my problem, lol..