invisible walls

FandoreFandore Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186007Members
i have been well over five hours making a lay out for a map, but every time a make a wall, it shows up clear, it registers as if something is there but dose not seem to pick up that there is in deed a wall there. i dont get this and it keeps messing me up. dose anyone know why this keeps happening ?

Comments

• FandoreFandore Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186007Members
    oh and i dont have wire frame on fyi
  • QwiXXeRQwiXXeR Join Date: 2004-11-05 Member: 32640Members
    Is there no face ?, did it maybe make the face on the other side ?
    Otherwise select your edges then when in select mode (space bar) hit ctrl+C to create faces.

Could you give us a screenshot ?
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    It can be a few things. It did make a face, but it is on the opposite side, in which case you can select the face, and either duplicate the face and then flip face or just flip the face.
    Or you have a hole somewhere.
    Or you haven't textured the plane/somehow the new plane texture doesn't exist.
  • FandoreFandore Join Date: 2013-07-09 Member: 186007Members
    ill get a screen shot, sorry, i am new to this program but i know enough about modeling as i have used 3ds max 9 for three years now
  • DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Depends on how you're creating the face. If you're using the rectangle tool but it's not showing up - @SamusDroid is correct and you need to hit Ctrl+F to flip the face to your visible side.

If you're using the line tool you can select lines in the same plane and press Create Face (Alt+C default, correction to Qwix above) and it will create a face if it is possible to do so. If you're having a problem with this make sure all of your vertices are on the grid (Snap > Snap to Min Grid) and in the same x, y, or z plane.