EU Open 2013 SEMIFINALS - Godar vs. Saunamen - LIVE NOW!

blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
edited July 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
EU Open 2013 SEMIFINALS - Godar vs. Saunamen - LIVE NOW!

Who will go to UK, Telford and fight the other finalist Legendary Snails on the live stage?

Casted by WasabiOne and blind :)

LIVE on twitch.tv/NSLTV in about 5 minutes!

*** EDIT: Uploaded VODS ***

YouTube Playlist:

Game 1:

Game 2:

Game 3:

Game 4:

Game 5:

Game 6:

Game 7:

Comments

• blindblind Join Date: 2010-04-17 Member: 71437Members, Squad Five Gold
    LIVE RIGHT NOW, what crazy amazing games. Srsly.
  • CragChristCragChrist Join Date: 2013-05-15 Member: 185239Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Amazing match, especially the final one.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Best NS2 ever so far. 5/5 would watch again.
    Boy, my neighbour is MAD. But couldn't help it, that was the best match I have seen so far!

Will upload VODs tomorrow..
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
    edited July 2013
    Haha blind. I wonder what your neighbors would have thought if I had played NS1 there.

Great games. Mm-hm, Peach and comebacks, where have I seen this before.

I hope you had done interviews in the end. Would have been interesting to here some perspective.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    Gorge Tunnel at Nano is Pro. . . I've been waiting for ever for someone to do that in a normal game
  • MigeMige Join Date: 2005-03-19 Member: 45796Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2013
    Congrats, and peach I want my share when you win on london :D
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Eagerly awaiting the VODs Blind :)
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    VODs are on twitch..
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    @Jekt where? I can't find anything other than a current channel that's not on and old vids from 12+ days ago?

Twitch is bloody awful for finding things, it has to be said! That, and you can't find NS2 on their mobile app (WTF?!)
  • YMICrazyYMICrazy Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165986Members
    Roobubba wrote: »
    @Jekt where? I can't find anything other than a current channel that's not on and old vids from 12+ days ago?

Twitch is bloody awful for finding things, it has to be said! That, and you can't find NS2 on their mobile app (WTF?!)

http://www.twitch.tv/nsltv/b/430464686

http://www.twitch.tv/nsltv/b/430489645
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Amazing games. some of the best games i have ever seen in ns2
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    If the final is gonna be anything like these games, London is in for a real treat. :)
  • ZinkeyZinkey Join Date: 2013-06-25 Member: 185694Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Thanks for the links, will definitely check out the games when I get home :)
    Neoken wrote: »
    If the final is gonna be anything like these games, London is in for a real treat. :)

Also final is in Telford, not London :p
  • TaneTane Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32441Members, Constellation
    Thanks Godar for the game and thanks casters! Though, I have to say people don't seem to understand half of our gameplay. It's of course natural because 250 have been just out few weeks but lets just say that every move has purpose. Even if that is the case, execution of these tactics is what is lacking for our team. For example veil marine round went totally like planned (yes we wanted godar to rush the base), unfortunately for us one of our players left the armory 99% unbuild...
  • countbasiecountbasie Join Date: 2008-12-27 Member: 65884Members
    edited July 2013
    Intense. Awesome matches.

PS: I think we can see that the Aliens are a little weak in this build, they don't take many bullets. With this kind of gameplay I'd really like to see Focus coming back.
    There's also a new kind of lag in favor of the marines. It's very hard to control for aliens - maybe it's the same as always but the aliens are much faster so you feel it more. I think that's why so many Saunamen Fades died, I mean, those are some of the world's best NS2-players.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Tane wrote: »
    Thanks Godar for the game and thanks casters! Though, I have to say people don't seem to understand half of our gameplay. It's of course natural because 250 have been just out few weeks but lets just say that every move has purpose. Even if that is the case, execution of these tactics is what is lacking for our team. For example veil marine round went totally like planned (yes we wanted godar to rush the base), unfortunately for us one of our players left the armory 99% unbuild...

You slapped the guy around afterwards right?
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    I sort of wish that this was the match that had the live streaming in London... It will be very hard for the actual finals to top that.

Also, I think these games are proof that the Onos has been nerfed to the point of being entirely useless. We saw an onos in one of seven matches and it lasted for all of 2 minutes
    Wow. Just... wow. Stunning games. WP both teams, congrats to the winners. Thanks to Wasabi and Blind for casting these awesome matches!
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    onos isn't useless. Just need the right class matchup and know when to go in and when to go out. Alot of people don't play onos enough really to know how to use it effectively (even thou it is very hard especially against jp). needs a hp buff thou.
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can't use an onos against a group of marines. It simply dies to fast. And if you say, it should attack where only a few marines are, than there are other classes that do the job better and are cheaper.
    Yeah the onos is currently a combination of:

too slow
    too big
    too weak

with a smattering of:
    too difficult to hit marines with
    too noisy

3 jetpack marines can often chase and kill an onos before it's managed to do ANYTHING useful. If the marines are out of position, if you have umbra support and at least 1 gorge with you and some fades around to actually do the killing, then it can be a powerful addition to an alien push. But that just makes it far too situational and fragile for something that costs 60+ res. It's a fine balance, but in b250 as it stands, the pendulum has swung too far away from our poor rhino :(
  • nezznezz Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174712Members
    well hopefully bone sheild, if & once it's released it will be better.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    There's really nothing the Onos does that the Fade can't do much better (except destroying buildings I guess, but skulks are better at that)
  • GrissiGrissi Join Date: 2003-08-28 Member: 20314Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Onos forces the marine team to group up, just having the presence of a single onos on the field is a hard thing for marines to deal with. But getting up a onos without losing the game can be really hard and thats why you don't see many onos on the field. Its not that they don't want a onos, its that they can't affort to wait for the onos in the present situation.
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Grissi wrote: »
    Onos forces the marine team to group up, just having the presence of a single onos on the field is a hard thing for marines to deal with. But getting up a onos without losing the game can be really hard and thats why you don't see many onos on the field. Its not that they don't want a onos, its that they can't affort to wait for the onos in the present situation.

While I see some merit to the nuance you mention, we must also recall that (I think it was Leipa?), when in possession of sufficient res for an Onos, decided instead to choose the Lerk, so he could provide an umbra cloud to the Fade pack.

The Onos must either have a little buff in order to maintain its previous style of play, OR, the Onos must now be played very, very defensively, in a manner that merely servers to distract 2 marines at a minimum, in order to free up positions elsewhere.

In relation to the match: Phenomenal - the best NS2 (in terms of two top level teams competing in a very even match) I have ever seen. In fact I recommend that NS2HD uploads them to YouTube.
    VODs are uploaded - enjoy!
  • delta78delta78 Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178131Members
    Just watched the first game and it was mind blowing! Man, those fades are beasts!