Babbler Buffs

PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted GorgeRichmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members
1. Allow Babblers to cling to Kharaa structures as well.
Reason - More structure interaction than simply Heal Spraying.

2. Only enable Babbler Bait when you have at least 1 existing Babbler.
Reason - I see lots of new players lobbing the bait repeatedly, thinking it does damage when nothing happens without Babblers around :P

What would you suggest to beef up the little guys?

Comments

• deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    imo they should cling to marines like they do aliens and slowloy eat armor and slow their movmeent, other mariens can shoot them off you however
  • derWalterderWalter Join Date: 2008-10-29 Member: 65323Members
    imo they should cling to marines like they do aliens and slowloy eat armor and slow their movmeent, other mariens can shoot them off you however

encourages teamplay: i like!
  • twilitebluetwiliteblue bug stalker Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13116Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Regarding point 1, I don't think these tiny soldiers offer any tangible protection to structures. :P

I agree with point 2.

I think babblers mainly need to leap with more force and speed, once they are close to enemies. They could also have more random movement patterns so they're more difficult to hit.
  • PsiWarpPsiWarp Gifted Gorge Richmond, B.C., Canada Join Date: 2010-08-28 Member: 73810Members

I like that idea, too! It would be awesome if Rifle Marines can bash a Babbler at a time off themselves (shown as Babbler clinging to his weapon or something).

Would they chew off armor before health or both at the same time?

Regarding point 1, I don't think these tiny soldiers offer any tangible protection to structures. :P

I agree with point 2.

I think babblers mainly need to leap with more force and speed, once they are close to enemies. They could also have more random movement patterns so they're more difficult to hit.

True enough about structures, Babblers can barely protect an Onos, let alone a whole Hive! But it would help if they could attach to defense and evolution structures, since those are smaller in size /:)

I agree with the rest! Babbler AI is too predictable at the moment, and more often than not they jump over small buildings while attacking them, missing bites in between...
  • StripetailsStripetails Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182644Members, NS2 Playtester
    We should be able to feed babblers bait balls and make them grow bigger!

Onos sized babblers assaulting the marine base!!!