Last Stand source code released

SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
Hey folks,
Sorry for the lonnnggggg delay on this. We just never got around to it cuz of a million other urgent things for the game. Anyway, here's the source code to Last Stand, the fast paced mod we made during our 1 week mod jam.

https://github.com/unknownworlds/ns2_laststand

I haven't really maintained it lately, so someone will need to take the reigns and merge the latest NS2 code with it (yeah, we just copy/pasted the code to make the mod). Most of our changes are reasonably isolated, except we hacked up NS2Gamerules.lua a lot.

You'll need to publish it as your own Steam mod, but the moment a good/functional branch emerges, I'll gladly add you as a collaborator on the official Steam mod.

Have fun - feel free to PM me if you have any questions about the code, I'll do my best to point you in the right direction.

--Steve

Comments

• IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I will do my best to bother you about as much as humanly possible. I'm still new to github, so very likely I'll do something wrong with it.

Thanks for pushing this out there though, should help me learn modding greatly.
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Thank you perhaps that will get me starting with Modding too :)
  • MCMLXXXIVMCMLXXXIV Join Date: 2010-04-14 Member: 71400Members
    Ouch. Good luck maintaining that!
    If anyone needs a copy of the ns2 source code as of that build in order to convert it to using Sewlek's hooks framework, you can get all the previous versions here in order to do a diff and see what was changed...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\builds
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    Someone please work on this we need more game modes
  • Electr0Electr0 Join Date: 2011-10-31 Member: 130337Members
    Thanks, hopefully it's not long before we can play this again!
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    Really hope this develops. I wanted to make some maps for this, but it vanished from servers so quickly.
  • angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    we need to organize a team of mod modders (hehe)
    and then work on this :) i've seen many great mod ideas on the forums, but rarely I see them come into fruition :(
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    Great to see this...I really hope LS will rise again, because it was awesome to play, even in that rough state.
    During it's best days I used to play it for half an hour or so, to get the adrenaline going before joining a regular battle.

It's also a good way to practice roles (I don't like combat-mode).