Remastering Wall Jumping in Build 250

It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
Ahh yes, build 250 has brought its bag of mysteries with it. Let's begin making sense of them and begin to adapt to change.

Comments

• MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Awesome tutorial. Concise being the key word. Kudos.
  • TheriusTherius Join Date: 2009-03-06 Member: 66642Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    This is good, but not optimal. For example, reaching 11-12 speed without celerity is not only possible but even sustainable.
  • kalakujakalakuja Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159045Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter
    So much information and hard work done.Too bad the jumps are far from being perfect and thus pretty misleading for someone wanting to reach the 11-12 barrier constantly.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    What software do you use to make videos?

I'm still using Windows Movie Maker and works most of the time since I normally don't do anything beyond cutting, but once in a while I would like to take advantage of a zoom feature (something I don't think the default makers have)
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    I record with DXTory, I like it because I can record my voice in a separate channel as the game and Teamspeak.

I use Premiere pro to do my basic cuts and editing, Bridge to organize my clips, Photoshop to make custom graphics, Flash to make some of those little animated diagrams, and After Effects for the more complicated special effects (the spinning intro screen)
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Nice video, Will you do this for all the mechanics?
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Should be replaced with the current training video.

Nice job.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    If UWE put your videos into the game there wouldn't be as much of a player retention problem as there is
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Therius wrote: »
    This is good, but not optimal. For example, reaching 11-12 speed without celerity is not only possible but even sustainable.

Would love to be able to do this but so far no luck. Nor have I heard any hints of how-to.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    UWE, please throw away your tutorials and hire ISE.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Your latest video is better than your earlier ones from b239. The production quality is better (less in-game chatter from your teammates, better balanced sound levels, etc) and you don't spend as much time showing gameplay without simultaneously explaining what the gameplay is showing.
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    so if i'm wall jumping I should strafe in the direction of the turn I want? ie If i am wall jumping around a corner to the left I should wall jump then strafe left in the air?
  • It's Super Effective!It's Super Effective! Join Date: 2012-08-28 Member: 156625Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well Wall jumping and Strafe jumping are 2 different branches. To better clarify, I will strafe in mid jump to get closer to a wall, the reason I do this is to retain as much speed as possible trying to face the direction I want to go. If you turn too much, that will effectively reduce distance covered. Strafe jumping on the other hand helps in adding a tiny bit of speed when no walls are ideal an open room, or where some walls might be too dangerous to jump to.
    GISP wrote: »
    Nice video, Will you do this for all the mechanics?
    Yes, my overall goal is to make this game easier to jump into for new players which will in turn rise the player base skill and grow the community.

I've made quite a few videos other than this, you can check them out on my youtube channel :)

Cheers,
    ISE
  • KalopsiaKalopsia Join Date: 2003-05-15 Member: 16331Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Great work once again @It's Super Effective! Any chance of an updated lerk guide? Prior to build 250 I was owning at lerk (70-4 k/d), but now I suck at it so a detailed guide like this would be awesome.
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    UWE give this guy a job! This game need's well done vids like this.!!
    I'm currently working on... a secret project that you may see soon ;)

But my next lineup is Fade, since that one is getting a lot of flak and attention in b250.

Cheers,
    ISE