Ninja Build 251

douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
Game just finished updating.

In my testing (consisted of launching game, seeing build 251 then coming here) I can tell that the Aliens have been completely redone and now have more of a protoss feel to them. Most of their attacks are all psi based and they have shields. Anyone notice any other changes?

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I found out that if you do a 360 before doing a leap, you can get up to speed 33.5.
  • douchebagatrondouchebagatron Custom member title Join Date: 2003-12-20 Member: 24581Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    james888 wrote: »
    I found out that if you do a 360 before doing a leap, you can get up to speed 33.5.

Weak! I can't believe they nerfed the old 360 leap. This is outrageous, deinstalling.
  • culpritculprit Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33527Members, Constellation
    276.2 MB initiated at 2:29 PM CST

what could it be?
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Game just finished updating.

In my testing (consisted of launching game, seeing build 251 then coming here) I can tell that the Aliens have been completely redone and now have more of a protoss feel to them. Most of their attacks are all psi based and they have shields. Anyone notice any other changes?

What?!? They also removed Khaydarin Amulet! I'm done with this game.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The Sandman is so OP! I thought Heavies were supposed to counter Scouts, not get stunned and instantly killed by them
  • AfterhoursAfterhours Join Date: 2012-09-18 Member: 159869Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    No more free storms on warp-in? GG UWE.
  • DescoladaDescolada Join Date: 2013-05-19 Member: 185287Members
    obviously need to research dragoon range

what a scrub
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Need more burrows.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited July 2013
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    So they finally nerfed Firebats. That thing was so op.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Oh god they added supply crates.
  • NominousNominous Baltimore, MD Join Date: 2012-02-18 Member: 146518Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Oh god they added supply crates.
    WTS Gorge Plushie 2 ref 1 rec.
  • BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    edited July 2013
    ITS CONFIRMED! UWE is working with BLIZZAEARD(Thats the Correct pronunciation FYI) to make SC2.5 !! Expect Protoss race in next patch.......
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    So....wtf? I get back from a week's vacation, my NS2 updates, and I can't join any servers? Super Duper.
    Time to fire up my free copy of Orcs Must Die 2.
    So B251 appears to have auto cyst chain placement. I also noticed difficulty getting speeds over ~17 with fade. Didn't investigate marine changes yet.
  • deathshrouddeathshroud Join Date: 2010-04-10 Member: 71291Members
    edited July 2013
    did they fix the lerk bug?

if you research umbra or spores without researching both, then the lerk cannot select umbra or spores with the scroll wheel and has to use the number keys, if you have researched both umbra and spores then you can select them with the scroll but nobody ever seems to research umbra early
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    Opt out of the beta if you want to play regular 250, otherwise there wont be any servers
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Asraniel wrote: »
    Opt out of the beta if you want to play regular 250, otherwise there wont be any servers

^ This.

Due to technical issues we were forced to use the steam beta branch to test b251 today. Since it only contains a few bug fixes and balance tweaks it was made open to the public. You'll need to opt out of the beta in order to play normally; some of you may have forgotten to opt out after the beta for 249.

IF YOU SEE NO SERVERS YOU ARE LIKELY IN THE BETA AND FORGOT. TO OPT OUT OF THE BETA AND RETURN TO NORMAL NS2:
    -> Go into your Steam Library
    -> Right-click on Natural Selection 2 and go to Properties
    -> Find the BETAS tab
    -> Click on the drop-down menu and select NONE

Naturally, the full change log will be posted when the patch is actually released. Sorry for any confusion.

PS: Nerf voidrays.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    culprit wrote: »
    So B251 appears to have auto cyst chain placement. I also noticed difficulty getting speeds over ~17 with fade. Didn't investigate marine changes yet.

Looking down while blinking for a huge amount of extra speed was deemed to be buggy, undesirable behaviour which is probably what you're noticing re: fading.
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    did they restore lemon trees to their original glory? I hated that nerf
  • _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It's a L2P-issue... Noob.
    @RabidWeasel - I'm glad they made the blink changes to eliminate the odd downward blink glitch. Movements speed over 20 is probably too fast for the current netcode to handle gracefully anyway. The lerk maxing ~14 and fade ~17 seems pretty reasonable. I'm not so great with the skulk wall-jump chaining, but I doubt you can get more than ~15 doing that. Anyone know what the max speed of a JP is?

I'm really happy to see the cyst chain implementation though! Seems like the khaam is getting some needed improvements. I'm still not entirely convinced on the biomass upgrades for ability unlocks - maybe this will get some tweaks as well.
    I also found Onos Bone Shield ability in here. It will be interesting to see if that makes it into the official build. Onos could act as a slow-moving screen for bile-bombing gorges. I'd imagine a bone-shield Onos with Umbra and some gorge heals could stand up to some serious DPS. Here's hoping!