Since patch 250, what is your favorite weapon/lifeform to play?

yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
I gotta say I am a big fan of that nade launcher!

Comments

• StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Fade. No big surprise. ;)

As for marines, either the shotgun or the flamethrower.
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    StrikerX3 wrote: »
    Fade. No big surprise. ;)

As for marines, either the shotgun or the flamethrower.

No joke, fades run rampant, some are damn near impossible to kill.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Shotguns took a sharp decrease in value for me. It seems even two full blasts don't scare a fade. And fades stumble alot less, now that there's no danger of messing up with shadowstep. BECAUSE NOBODY RESEARCHES IT LOL. :P
  • KuddlyKalliKuddlyKalli Yuggera Country Join Date: 2010-12-23 Member: 75905Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    current1y wrote: »
    Combat Gorge. I used to love gorge as it was but now it's just stupid easy to get kills since you can hit 4 out of 5 shots easily in CQ. If you get a buddy gorge and team up you pretty much wreck what pushes your position.

Yep, battle gorge FTW! :D
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I personally live the lerk. They are so impossibly crudely animated so that nobody will ever hit you up close with a LMG. I have best survivability with lerks.
  • DestherDesther Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165195Members
    What changed with gorge?
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Marines:
    Build 249 I liked shotguns. Build 250 I like flame thrower.

Aliens:
    Build 249 I loved loved loved fade. Build 250 I, for the time being, play skulk mostly. I do like a battle gorge but rarely find a buddy who knows what he is doing in pubs.
  • LokeLoke Join Date: 2003-02-25 Member: 13988Members
    Fade and shotgun and the occasional flamethrower.
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    Fade starting with blink is easily my favorite

For Marine team getting a fast Exo suit on the floor is easily king
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited July 2013
    Yeah I thought jetties were always a good 1st choice, but holy bwap exos are super mobile and deadly as ever. Quick dual exos, then half the team camps in base while a group of 3-4 exos roll through everything on the alien side. Gonna need ALOT of onoses to kill that.

...until a lerk finds his umbra button, that is. Well, even still.
  • KattcattisKattcattis Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182683Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    james888 wrote: »
    Marines:
    Build 249 I liked shotguns. Build 250 I like flame thrower.

Aliens:
    Build 249 I loved loved loved fade. Build 250 I, for the time being, play skulk mostly. I do like a battle gorge but rarely find a buddy who knows what he is doing in pubs.

Haha, I know what you mean. No good buddy gorge and it's over :)
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    xen32 wrote: »
    xenoskulk
    holy crap xeno play is annoying, i played a game last night and aliens had all of docking aside from generator (we base swapped a few times) and there were so many skulks just xeno spamming, it was nuts
  • current1ycurrent1y Join Date: 2003-12-08 Member: 24150Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Desther wrote: »
    What changed with gorge?

Hit registration improved substantially. It's to the point where if you aim properly you'll hit damn near 100% of the shots fighting marines in close quarters. You can easily kill vanilla marines quicker then they can kill you. You can see crazy kdr as gorge now (10-20:1).
  • StrikerX3StrikerX3 Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168423Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    yuckfoo wrote: »
    xen32 wrote: »
    xenoskulk
    holy crap xeno play is annoying, i played a game last night and aliens had all of docking aside from generator (we base swapped a few times) and there were so many skulks just xeno spamming, it was nuts

I was on the alien side on another game where we literally rushed xenocide. We kept bombing their base over and over with no upgrades until everything was destroyed, including the command station. Lots of fun when you're on the alien team :D
    current1y wrote: »
    Combat Gorge. I used to love gorge as it was but now it's just stupid easy to get kills since you can hit 4 out of 5 shots easily in CQ. If you get a buddy gorge and team up you pretty much wreck what pushes your position.

I have noticed the power of the gorge is considerably higher early game this patch
  • turtsmcgurtturtsmcgurt Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165456Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    gorge's reg wasn't very broken in 249. in 248/249 I probably had more hours playing battle gorge than anything else and I had no issues whatsoever landing shots at 100-120 ping. Haven't noticed a difference when I play now either. Perhaps the hitbox of spit is larger? That's something I wouldn't have noticed, I didn't miss much to begin with.

With that said I still prefer playing gorge, highly disappointed gorge got the shaft on movement yet again.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited July 2013
    I love the Fade, always have, always will. For marines I like the shotgun. And commander of course :D

I almost never use the flamer and the GL as I actually feel sort of guilty using them in their current form
  • IndustryIndustry Esteemed Gentleman Join Date: 2010-07-13 Member: 72344Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I used to be relegated to playing Lerk, but now I find myself playing Fade. For marines it is still the JP + shotgun combot for me though now that grenades are predicted client side there is a lot of fun to be had there.
  • SewlekSewlek The programmer previously known as Schimmel Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16247Members, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Developer
    definitely gorge here
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    Exo. Hands down.

(or onos with devour because I am an ass :P ).

• joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Fade hands down. Aura and Cele makes you feel like a ninja picking the weak ones out of the herd.
  • TrustMeImADentistTrustMeImADentist Join Date: 2013-04-27 Member: 185014Members
    Once a skulker, always a skulker. Then I'll go fade and add another 10-20 kills on top of what I had from skulking.

Marines, in b249 I would only really use shotty. Now anything could go, which is why I love BT... lame thrower, GL , shotty, railgun
  • ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    Gorge spit and bilebomb, many laughs are had when spitting surprised marines to death or ninja bilebombing bases.
  • pnb84pnb84 The house on paper street Join Date: 2013-02-22 Member: 183262Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Alien: bhopping fade with celerity, aura + regen (I'm the hit and run type)
    Marine: JP + flamer = unstoppable
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    Went from being early lerk almost every game (hated skulking pre-250) to skulk or fade and never lerking. All the marine toys are fun to use at different times but I have a weak spot for railgun exo even though it's not really a cost effective choice most of the time.
  • AsranielAsraniel Join Date: 2002-06-03 Member: 724Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I think i'll go with skulk. i LOVE the new movement. Getting that faster speed sound is like a minigame :D and new fade is also nice, never understood the old one, the new one i like
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    edited July 2013
    LMG/Fade

Skulk is definitely a close second on the funometer now though

edit: ShotgunGL is also awesome. Get it while it lasts
    Ive only played aliens a few times since the patch, without any upgrades the skulk felt much more sluggish than before.