The Skulk Doesn't Fit Its Role

DescoladaDescolada Join Date: 2013-05-19 Member: 185287Members
The skulk is supposed to be a punishment. Unfortunately balance mod has fixed the purpose of playing alien which is of course not playing skulk. I have a suggestion to fix this.

Currently the flying defiler only has darkswarm and a really shitty version of plague. We need to add the third and best ability of the defiler.

Therefore we must add consume. When any alien life form is consumed the flying defiler will gain 50 energy up to a maximum of 200. This makes skulks optimal to consume and therefore places them into their proper role. In order to encourage people to play the flying defiler we need to buff plague and dark swarm. Dark swarm should make all aliens underneath it invincible to everything except grenade launchers and flame throwers. Plague needs to do 400 damage but not actually killing anything. Therefore marines will eventually end up at 1 hp after being hit by plague.

All of these things will fix the skulk and place it back into its proper role. Skulk will now be a punishment again because you will be consumed by flying defilers.

Comments

• durdenns2durdenns2 Join Date: 2013-01-30 Member: 182634Members
    I'm so friggin confused right now... What are these words you are using? Dark swarm? Flying Defiler? Plague?
  • carnage-wp-carnage-wp- Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162250Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
  • shriikeshriike Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184461Members
  • TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    -> The skulk is supposed to be a punishment.
    For who is it supposed to be a punishment ?
    I'm sure it was NOT designed to be a punishment, when you lose your advanced life form you don't enjoy a game that "punish" you for 10 min with an useless lifeform. You want to have fun wih your alien (killing marines, biting RT,...)
  • Qwurty2.0Qwurty2.0 Join Date: 2013-01-04 Member: 177431Members
    edited July 2013
    durdenns2 wrote: »
    I'm so friggin confused right now... What are these words you are using? Dark swarm? Flying Defiler? Plague?

They are Starcraft I/II Zerg abilities. OP is either stupid or trolling, I would assume. :/

Either that, or he is trying to say that Skulks should be consumed for extra [insert bonus to higher lifeform here].

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I want to see a lerk consume a gorge...
  • FrankerZFrankerZ Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151627Members
    dont consume the gorges pls :<
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
  • MaximumSquidMaximumSquid Join Date: 2010-07-20 Member: 72593Members
    edited July 2013
    Consuming Clogs would make the most sense
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES&#33; FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS&#33; Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    THE WIN IS STRONG WITH THIS THREAD
  • frantixfrantix Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184063Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I got 650 hours of playtime now and still I think I don't know the game enough to make suggestions that are really 100% improving the gameplay and increase fun. Why is it that so many people with low experience think they know THE main thing that has to be changed and nobody else already thought of? When I begin to play chess, after 3 hours of learning people would never say "What really sucks about chess is the queen, it can move everywhere!" - that's simply because the chess board is checkered like in a kitchen.
  • ChrisAUSChrisAUS Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172108Members
    When I think about the days I crushed Terran with my three hatchery builds, I realize how important it was to be the first to change the paradigm of a matchup. When someone succesfully develops a good strategy/paradigm for a matchup, it takes much longer than one would think for other players to understand it, and remake it within their own framework
    - Savior

So you see, frantix; you will get there.
  • kk20kk20 Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164592Members
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    It still doesn't solve the problem of Overlord ratios: with the current metagame you never need more than one Overlord for maximum efficiency.

Solution: Overlords cost 200 res and can only be created while the 7th hive is at exactly 45%.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    @Squishpoke stop changing your DP, I get confused.
  • tk-421tk-421 Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58315Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Well I, for one, would like to hear more of Descolada's gameplay ideas.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Does this mean we must construct additional power nodes?
  • Deadpan_SeriousDeadpan_Serious Join Date: 2013-07-05 Member: 185930Members
    hmm...a decent dual Hatchery Skulkling rush can deliver some punishment. although we're using Hives instead of Hatcheries for overkill.

and we can Parasite without needing Queens.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    edited July 2013
    i know of what the op was referencing... and didn't find any of it the slightest bit humorous. I cry for comedy, when i see that it has 11 awesomes. wtf is wrong with you guys? or wtf is wrong with me?

the op wasn't offensive, he wasn't insulting... but he also wasn't really being funny... i don't know what the purpose of this thread is.

maybe the funny was lost in translation... when it was translated into my mother tongue.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    amoral wrote: »
    i know of what the op was referencing... and didn't find any of it the slightest bit humorous. I cry for comedy, when i see that it has 11 awesomes. wtf is wrong with you guys? or wtf is wrong with me?

the op wasn't offensive, he wasn't insulting... but he also wasn't really being funny... i don't know what the purpose of this thread is.

maybe the funny was lost in translation... when it was translated into my mother tongue.

When prior expectations are suddenly turned around into absurdity, recipients may elicit a humor response to compensate for their confusion.
  • RabidWeaselRabidWeasel Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5337Members
    The scorpian that hovars without flapping of its generation.
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    Squishpoke wrote: »
    amoral wrote: »

When prior expectations are suddenly turned around into absurdity, recipients may elicit a humor response to compensate for their confusion.

ah absurdist humor. not particularly my cup of tea. but I concede the point.