Wish list

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
I believe it has to be done in a proper way.
So post the ones you want.

(These are not only the ones i want; It comes from many ppl.)

Config: Keyboard. All configurable keys. Different profile for each lifeform / role.

Maps:
-More space. Let's breath in there.

Program:
-proper consistency check. (Yours is a joke, sorry).

Gameplay:
-No passing through a marine when biting. Should slow down both marine and skulk as one grab the other.
-Knock back on marine / alien collision. Pass through if same team (No "one get on top of the other").
-Score tab sceenshot at end of a game.
-Stronger unique base. IP and power node should be stronger if only one base exists. Same for eggs. Player wants to play not to wait for being spawn killed.
-Rebalance atmospheric. If a player disable, it he sees more things. No fog wall.

Vote:
-Automatic votemap at the end of the game.
-Random pool. Instead of voting "randomize RR" which make the AFK to join. Any player willing to be randomize get in a RR corner dedicated to it. When game starts the "random stack" is distributed.

Marine:
-A key to slower moves. It's useful for aiming.
-The L4D like arm push should really push.

Skulk:
-Default speed is too slow. Sometime it feels like an onos. it goes with more space in maps of course.
-Options to change FOV. The skulk is slower than it looks.
-Remove teeth. It's just ugly illogical and can't hide the lag issue anymore. It's add to it.

Spectating:
-Being able to select the player you spectate with mouse on the score tab. Even being locked on a player only.
-Recording (ingame recording)

Referee:
Push setting on client (atmospheric, infestation). Gives the referee the ability make sure all have the same game settings.

Tool:
convert recorded games to .webm or .avi file. (huge marketing asset).

Comments

• SolidSpiderSolidSpider Join Date: 2013-04-14 Member: 184805Members
    edited June 2013
    Maps:
    -Bigger maps with more open spaces favor Marines for obvious reasons.

Consistency checks:
    -What exactly do you mean by "joke"?

Gameplay:
    -You don't pass through marines.
    -No collison between teammates would mean killing specific lifeforms would be trickier (imagine 2 Fades hiding inside an Onos), also multiple marines or Exo's sitting inside eachother in a corner shooting at everything that comes at them doesn't sound so hot.
    -What's wrong with the manual way?
    -Interesting idea, but not getting spawn camped is a part of... you know... having your team not suck compared to the other team.
    -Makes sense, but everyone plays without atmospherics anyway, for performance and gameplay reasons

Vote:
    -Yes.
    -Also yes.

Marine:
    -Moving slower will generally get you killed.
    -It's not a L4D push. Its a last resort tactic.

Skulk:
    -Oh boy, this discussion again.
    -FOV's fine imho, but if you want more...
    -What the hell did I just read?

Spectator:
    -Good idea.
    -Oh boy, that's easier said than done, unfortunately...

Referee:
    -LOL, as if everyone has the same computer specs... are you nuts?

Tool:
    -Read spectator point 2.

Edit: Spelling
  • HusarHusar Join Date: 2012-11-11 Member: 169523Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    I believe it has to be done in a proper way.
    So post the ones you want.

(These are not only the ones i want; It comes from many ppl.)

Config: Keyboard. All configurable keys. Different profile for each lifeform / role.
    Yes please yes, so much yes. I wonder why the most important thing of a game isn't implemented correctly yet?
    Maps:
    -More space. Let's breath in there.
    Uhm...I guess it is more of a balancing problem. More space means bad times for aliens and free turkey range shooting for marines.
    Program:
    -proper consistency check. (Yours is a joke, sorry).
    If you could explain what exactly is the joke, I could laugh about it.
    Gameplay:
    -No passing through a marine when biting.
    Can't remember ghosting trough a marine ever. Video maybe? Sounds like a bug to me.
    Should slow down both marine and skulk as one grab the other.
    I didn't understand this part. Enemies should be able to grab each other???
    -Knock back on marine / alien collision.
    To what extend? More details, please!
    Pass through if same team (No "one get on top of the other").
    Oh...please NO! And also why should friendly teammates ghost into each other? Imagine a marine stands in front of an exo in a narrow hallway. And than comes an alien. Marine ghosts backwards into the exo and now the alien has to deal with the exo and cannot decide to attack the weaker target. Doesn't sound to good to me! Also it annoys me that MACs and ARCs are actually ghosting into each other, WHY? You can't pick them separately to destroy and 10 and more MACs find enough space behind an Exo to insta repair it or ARCs which find enough space in a small room, those are big driving cannons! All those things need space and should act so! At max there should be 8 MACs possible surrounding an exo or RT or whatever to build or repair. NOTHING should ghost into each other, except maybe a fade blinking through a marine!
    -Score tab sceenshot at end of a game.
    Sure, why not.
    -Stronger unique base. IP and power node should be stronger if only one base exists. Same for eggs. Player wants to play not to wait for being spawn killed.
    IMPROVE TURTLING!!! Aaaawww yeaaah!
    -Rebalance atmospheric. If a player disable, it he sees more things. No fog wall.
    I guess there were a few dozen discussions about having advantage whit lower graphical details over those with higher details. I distill the basic statement of those discussions: If you play competitively, turn down or up any graphical option you can to get an advantage, if you play for fun, well, raise the options through the roof as you like! Just give it a little search an you shell find.
    Though I must admit that the flashlight atmospherics were annoying but are now tuned down to a good point. I could imagine that you could force server side graphical options like in ArmA for fairness reasons but I don't think it would do a service for NS2 in general.
    Vote:
    -Automatic votemap at the end of the game.
    Use mods?
    -Random pool. Instead of voting "randomize RR" which make the AFK to join. Any player willing to be randomize get in a RR corner dedicated to it. When game starts the "random stack" is distributed.
    Great idea, absolutely YES!
    Marine:
    Agreed. Ducking makes you slower but also changes your stance.
    -The L4D like arm push should really push.
    *Rolleyes* Whay do people refer to other games and don't explain the technique involved? I (and maybe others) have no idea what the arm push is or how it works because I didn't play this game!
    Skulk:
    -Default speed is too slow. Sometime it feels like an onos. it goes with more space in maps of course.
    So you want a overall speed buff to skulks, because for more speed we have already a speed upgrade you can research. Would be rendered useless if you would be satisfied with the standard speed why investing in more speed?
    -Options to change FOV. The skulk is slower than it looks.
    It is possible already since release I guess. Though you just can increase the FOV but not decrease.
    -Remove teeth. It's just ugly illogical and can't hide the lag issue anymore. It's add to it.
    It was never intended for hiding anything or even adding to some lag issues since it is just a graphical client sided representation of your action. This is a really bold assumption.
    In fact it has some functions
    • shows when you bite and how fast
    • representing your class, so you don't forget what you are (I never had to think about it in NS1 or NS2 ever)
    • shows how dark or light it is in front of so you know you are seen well or in twilight or even better in darkness
    • shows whether you are cloaked or not and to what degree
    • other things I didn't think of...
    Spectating:
    -Being able to select the player you spectate with mouse on the score tab. Even being locked on a player only.
    Man, that would be really important for bug reproduction!
    Also I add a point to it: please give me spectator severs which don't take the slots away from the players. I was kicked today just because I was spectating.
    Referee:
    Push setting on client (atmospheric, infestation). Gives the referee the ability make sure all have the same game settings.
    Oh, you already though about it, never mind.
    Tool:
    convert recorded games to .webm or .avi file. (huge marketing asset).
    Sounds awesome. I would like to have a lossless encoded video and encode it by myself to a lossy format.

• UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Console: Filter system/game message and chat. Or color on the chat entries.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Commander interface:
    Something to tell the commander how the team is equipped. Score board or HUD.

All player HUD:
    Friendly player names on the map (c)

A key to disable HUD information. Sometimes it's blocking the view while welding or biting a extractor.

NS2 idea and suggestion:
    An interface to be able to submit ideas like tickets. It could be properly sorted based on categories (weapons, movement, etc). Ppl should be able to vote for it (like, don't like).

keyboard: primary and secondary keys.
  • JCDentonJCDenton Join Date: 2013-03-07 Member: 183768Members
    Okay, this may just be me being tired, but having a health penalty on each subsequent Phase gate built is a neat idea, and would be quite an interesting balance change.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    +1
    Marine:
    Also, for being able to sneak without crouching.
    Gameplay:
    -No passing through a marine when biting. Should slow down both marine and skulk as one grab the other.
    Hard to tell how this would play out, but could be interesting. Might add a nice "pack of skulks swarming a marine" dynamic.
    Skulk:
    With chained wall jumps, it's quite fast, actually.
    Spectating:
    This has been discussed under the topic of anti-cheat tools already. IIRC, the bottom line was that they realize it would be great, but it's tricky to get right due to timing/lag compensation issues.
  • MrFangsMrFangs Join Date: 2013-03-27 Member: 184474Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    JCDenton wrote: »
    Okay, this may just be me being tired, but having a health penalty on each subsequent Phase gate built is a neat idea, and would be quite an interesting balance change.
    Well, the higher number of jumps to get to your destination is a kind of penalty already. Usually, you don't want to have more than about 3-4 PGs to react to threats in time.