Locking the number of exos

Mad selectionMad selection Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176967Members
You need to add a feature that will allow the commander to lock the number of available exos. Simple and efficient.

I won't upgrades exos anymore it's fucking dumb how often they will cost you the game because too many marines will jump into one as soon as they are available. And yes even if you take great care at warning them.

I'm done getting frustrated to lose a long and hard fought match and seeing peoples get angry at each others because one unit become available. It shouldn't be that way.

Comments

• carnage-wp-carnage-wp- Join Date: 2012-10-13 Member: 162250Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    bro thats how people think the game is won.

use ur rifle for the entire game until you have 100 res, dont spend any money on anything at all that would benefit the team earlier (welder, mines, shotgun) and then expect to train into all 3 alien hives with one big exo train. (yes they will have 3 hives because you have 7 marines who have 100res not doing shit waiting for dualmini)
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I'm a big fan of having few exos on the field, but I don't think a hard limit is the way to go. Its just one of those things you have to communicate. Even if its comm set.
  • dragonmithdragonmith Join Date: 2013-02-04 Member: 182817Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    The slight trouble with this is it depends on player count. It would be best to have one (if that) exo during a 4v4, but on a 16 or -in a drastic case- a 32 player server? On the other hand, a hard cap would still be OK, wouldn't break the game or anything...

Slightly unrelated but maybe a warning to people is created when they have over 75 res?
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I think its simply the duty of the commander. It's slightly like Alien life forms, you choose and ideally you coordinate with your teammates and khamm. Adding a hard cap or even a sorta soft cap is just not the answer. The line must be drawn somewhere, and something as small and simple as this I think is where it should go.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    If your team is that hugely stuborn its time to prevent it.

Upgrade JP and not exo, and make damn sure you sink enought res into everything to be able to say that you can not afford exo research.
    You can also say IF you have exo that the baseguard exo gets a few free macs.

/weird idea
    If EVERYONE is in exo's noone can use meds. id join the party and grab myself a exo base guard. Yes it will be a catastrophic fail, but atleast then they will notice how evil full team exo is.
  • xBlueXFoxxxBlueXFoxx Join Date: 2013-06-07 Member: 185497Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I completely disagree with this, I do agree that once they are on the field, provided they have the proper support, they're pretty much unstoppable. The support is needed however, MAC's are very weak and so are the players who heal exos, do not attack the exos, same rule goes for Onos, kill their support, gorges, macs, and marines with welders. Skulks can easily glide past exos to kill the marines behind them. Really if you're killed by exos, either the opposing team has great coordination with them, or your team is lacking coordination to block/prevent them, the majority of games I join end around shotguns/jetpacks, never really long enough to get a large amount of ARC's/Exo's going, when games do end that way, I consider it a good game.
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    100% disagree with limiting the # of exos. What we really need is a way to EXIT the damn exo suit, or allow the exo suits to weld & build structures and even get in the comm chair. Its retarded that the most expensive marine unit can't do the most basic marine functions. THAT is why an entire team of exos usually loses. They are big slow tanks who can't do anything except shoot. Can't even be beaconed.
  • Mad selectionMad selection Join Date: 2013-01-01 Member: 176967Members
    Ok just so everybody here understand: Exo are support units, not tanks.

Having a hard lock would incite marines to follow exos and bid their time until one die so they can take the relay. It would also incite marines to use their ressource meanwhile.

And even if they are properly supported and "unstoppable" the aliens have the advantage of strenght and mobility: the commands centers expotantially become easier to kill as more exos are fielded. That's the real problem not the performance of the exos themselves.

And noobs will be noobs. It sucks to see peoples have argument over such a trivial thing and it happen almost automaticaly the moment too many peoples get the exos since soon after marines lose the game most of the time.
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    joederp wrote: »
    100% disagree with limiting the # of exos. What we really need is a way to EXIT the damn exo suit, or allow the exo suits to weld & build structures and even get in the comm chair. Its retarded that the most expensive marine unit can't do the most basic marine functions. THAT is why an entire team of exos usually loses. They are big slow tanks who can't do anything except shoot. Can't even be beaconed.

Exos are not tanks they are support as said by Mad Selection, if you ask me Exos are just mobile turrets an they are useful because of egg stomp so theres that, an would you think that a several hundred pound Exo to be able to beacon'd that a downside other then the dependence on marine support to actually stay on the field other then a minute or two when attacked by aliens, its a good strategy to make marines beacon to get an exo by itself etc etc
  • joederpjoederp Join Date: 2012-11-02 Member: 165992Members
    edited June 2013
    joederp wrote: »

Exos are not tanks they are support as said by Mad Selection, if you ask me Exos are just mobile turrets an they are useful because of egg stomp so theres that, an would you think that a several hundred pound Exo to be able to beacon'd that a downside other then the dependence on marine support to actually stay on the field other then a minute or two when attacked by aliens, its a good strategy to make marines beacon to get an exo by itself etc etc

Youre right it is a good strategy to just avoid the exo and his support team to go kill all the other marines bases. So good that its what happens every single time marines send a few exos + support to an alien hive, provided the alien team is smart and coordinated. There is no Way for marines to prevent this, a beacon will yield a partial marine team since some players are exos. And the exos in the alien base are incredibly vulnerable.

And to those saying Exos are not tanks, they are support .. this is not correct. A MAC is a support unit as it is useless in battle alone. Exos are assault or siege units, if you wish to classify them. They do the heavy damage with limited mobility and limited sight. This is exactly how US troops used tanks in the Vietnam war. Tanks support the troops, troops support the tank, so by your thinking everyone is a 'support' role..