CO Mode in all games.

MajorAjerMajorAjer Join Date: 2012-02-17 Member: 146304Members
So i was thinking about the beginning of a game before teams had a commander. You know, that part of the game where no one can kill eachother? Why not just make that mode CO until each team has a commander? I suppose it would be prone to trolling but that seems like it would be managable with votes or something. Just a thought.

Comments

• PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    Im for an arcade Gamemode :P
    To simple to play for hours, but fun enough to play it.
    Like someone did here, ''some snake game on your HUD''
  • xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'd prefer it would not allow to leave the tech point before game start, that would help for sure.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    james888 wrote: »
    Games would never start

This, but you should still be able to kill eachother in the pre-game.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That beginning section is supposed to be boring, that way people will actually jump into the chair and start the game faster.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    xen32 wrote: »
    I'd prefer it would not allow to leave the tech point before game start, that would help for sure.
    On maps that are new or else have updated recently, it's nice to walk around and get a feel for them before starting.

Maybe just have the annoying Infantry Portal woman shout at everyone that they need a commander. I'll bet that would make stuff happen.
  • ultranewbultranewb Pro Bug Hunter Join Date: 2004-07-21 Member: 30026Members
    MajorAjer wrote: »
    So i was thinking about the beginning of a game before teams had a commander. You know, that part of the game where no one can kill eachother? Why not just make that mode CO until each team has a commander? I suppose it would be prone to trolling but that seems like it would be managable with votes or something. Just a thought.

Those that don't know history are dooooomed to repeat it.

• DaniPDaniP Join Date: 2013-06-14 Member: 185555Members
    MajorAjer wrote: »
    The classic NS players hate combat, so definitely 'NO' for me.