The Archaea website

fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
edited June 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
Shameless self-advert: www.teamarchaea.com

It isn't anything amazing, just a really basic website to get the information out there, but it has some interesting content. The results page, for example, has links to every replay that exists (afaik!) of all our games, going back as far as a year. Loads of great matches to watch or re-watch, with your favorite commentators. Examples: The ESL Launch Tournament final vs. Exertus and the Logitech Beta Tournament semi-final vs. Nexzil (starts at 01:09:00).

Comments

• GamerkatzeGamerkatze Join Date: 2012-06-27 Member: 153711Members
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Arc down for maintenance I see.
  • OgraitOgrait Join Date: 2012-10-29 Member: 164306Members
    First thing when i heard about ns2, i heard archea. Then watched some pre release wasabi presents matches. I was sold. I googled archea, watched everything. It was awesome.

Just wanted to say. U guys made me buy this game. Nothing more. Long live Archea!
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    The Blind's Beta Cup result against EoD is wrong, it wasn't 2-0, it was 1-1. Check it out.
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited June 2013
    Ograit wrote: »
    Just wanted to say. U guys made me buy this game. Nothing more. Long live Archea!
    That's a little scary... and very cool!

Mendasp wrote: »
    The Blind's Beta Cup result against EoD is wrong, it wasn't 2-0, it was 1-1. Check it out.
    I'm pretty sure it's correct. I jotted down all our results in a .txt file after each match in preparation for the website. It must've been incorrectly reported on the bbc website for some reason.

• duxdux Tea Lady Join Date: 2003-12-14 Member: 24371Members, NS2 Developer
    Hey nice, Knife and 9L flashbacks.

But it needs more me and marko tbh.
  • Metal ManMetal Man Join Date: 2011-11-13 Member: 132717Members
    The Archaea website literally gives me diarrhea
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    fanatic wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's correct. I jotted down all our results in a .txt file after each match in preparation for the website. It must've been incorrectly reported on the bbc website for some reason.

I remember quite clearly winning with a base rush as Aliens in Summit. Us spawning Atrium, you spawning DC and it taking 2 rushes.

And I remember because we lost all except that round and a game vs Cyd. It was our first tournament. Wasabi was speccing that one (not casted though).
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    Sweet! Finally! :D
    Shall I redirect teamarchaea.net to this site too?
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    Where do I sign up?!?!
  • BellicoseBellicose Join Date: 2013-04-11 Member: 184748Members
    Woooo love these matches!
  • fanaticfanatic This post has been edited. Join Date: 2003-07-23 Member: 18377Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I remember quite clearly winning with a base rush as Aliens in Summit. Us spawning Atrium, you spawning DC and it taking 2 rushes.

And I remember because we lost all except that round and a game vs Cyd. It was our first tournament. Wasabi was speccing that one (not casted though).
    Hmm. Not the kind of mistake I usually make, but you seem to remember the match and I don't, so there's that. Changed.
    Zeikko wrote: »
    Sure.
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    edited June 2013
    The 1986 generation is OP. :D
  • TaneTane Join Date: 2004-10-25 Member: 32441Members, Constellation
    Logitech beta tournament finals game 3 is all you need to see :)
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Looks like season 3 is going to be more interesting with tane, eagle and ray leaving. Website is fine. Simple, but works.
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    And I remember because we lost all except that round and a game vs Cyd.
    GET DESTROYED
  • ZeikkoZeikko Join Date: 2007-12-16 Member: 63179Members, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester
    edited June 2013
    fanatic wrote: »
    Zeikko wrote: »
    Sure.
    It's done. Might take a few hours to refresh.
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    Ograit wrote: »
    First thing when i heard about ns2, i heard archaea. Then watched some pre release wasabi presents matches. I was sold. I googled archaea, watched everything. It was awesome.

Just wanted to say. U guys made me buy this game. Nothing more. Long live Archaea!

Dunno i find that kinda cool!
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Question - in the description it says that Archaea "controversially" lost to Nexzil in a beta cup. I wasn't around in the beta so I don't know exactly what happened, could someone explain to me what happened to cause controversy?
    I think the server "crashed" mysteriously a bunch of times.
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
    dux wrote: »
    Hey nice, Knife and 9L flashbacks.

But it needs more me and marko tbh.
    TWO RETARDS TWO
  • JirikiJiriki retired ns1 player Join Date: 2003-01-04 Member: 11780Members, NS1 Playtester, Squad Five Silver
    Hurr durr.

I'm reserving www.archaeagirls.com before its too late.
  • JuCCiJuCCi Join Date: 2011-08-08 Member: 114961Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Fake “ryyyan” Ryan

Player/Troll .... :P
  • KoruyoKoruyo AUT Join Date: 2009-06-06 Member: 67724Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited June 2013
    After all this prism stuff, I wonder if the nsa would be able to figure out his true identity :P
  • RadimaXRadimaX Join Date: 2013-02-05 Member: 182840Members
    i took the liberty to filter>reduce noise on the team image so maby you can use the reduced grain one instead at the ABOUT page :)

SMOTHER VERSION:
    ILEAND9.png

hälsningar från sverige <3