Do all dating websites suck?

baconbitsbaconbits Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180124Members
Just broke up with my 5 year on and off again gf. I'm a pretty decent looking guy so I figured looking on some of the trending sites like pof.com, zoosk, yahoo's match would be an easy way to meet new people. None have yielded even a single date, yet I see posts bout ppl finding their spouses. How? I've gotten NO responses to completely legitimate messages. All I got is 5 lazy messages on ONE site from women I wouldn't even consider remotely attractive.

For example, girl A is fairly decent looking (an 8 for simplicity's sake) and hobbies would include the gym, tv, movies and board games. My message would include a greeting and things like "i hate ab work outs, what's your least favorite exercise? "Board games are awesome I just played x yesterday". No response. Lazy girls B, C, D, and E are 2's simply message me "hey".

Any ideas, hints, or suggested free sites? I realize how troll-bait this post is so kindly fuck off :) I won't respond to it anyway.

Comments

• XythXyth Avatar Join Date: 2003-11-04 Member: 22312Members
    Did you try OkCupid? I have had plenty of luck with that site.

Put yourself in the position of the girl that gets 10-20 messages per day many of which are either low effort
    'hey gurl'
    or cookie cutter
    'Hi I noticed %item% in your profile I too like %item% also %activity%'
    which appears to be what you are doing.
    You need to be a little more creative than that.

On a similar note, the only people in life I've known who honestly talk about a girls appearance by assigning it a number were douches and/or PUAs. This is textbook objectification of women. The act itself is mostly harmless but it hints at more deeply seated issues.

In short, don't treat dating sites like a buffet line.

As more general advice, if you just broke up with your GF of 5 years you should probably wait a few months before starting up a new relationship otherwise it's going to be weird. Going without sex for awhile isn't as big a deal as it will seem initially.
  • baconbitsbaconbits Join Date: 2013-01-17 Member: 180124Members
    I just gave a number for simplicity's sake like I said. >.> didn't feel like dragging out my post with "politically correct" full body descriptions.
    Secondly I have a genuine interest in the hobbies listed, I'm a jack of all trades so gaming is far from my only hobby. I'm not intentionally picking out their interests and mimicking. Obviously that wouldn't work very well for finding a compatible relationship. That being said I'm open to new ideas. What would be some examples of "creative" ?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    So.. I see you like eating bacon..
  • ellnicellnic Join Date: 2010-07-19 Member: 72559Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Try, 'Hey, how you dooinng'. Works for joey
  • DrfuzzyDrfuzzy FEW... MORE.... INCHES... Join Date: 2003-09-21 Member: 21094Members
    ezekel wrote: »
    So.. I see you like eating bacon..

This one might actually work. But honestly, internet dating died when the smart phone was invented, now every tool in the known universe can access the internet and spam the ladies to death. I watched a video that a guy made on POF, he made a fake profile with a cute girl and it got spammed with all kinds of crazy messages... like hundreds. Kinda sucks, meeting locals online used to be a blast years back.