Crash on start *Fixed*

zeqzeq Join Date: 2012-02-14 Member: 145493Members, Reinforced - Shadow
edited June 2013 in Technical Support
Recently the game has crashed on start up. It gives me a black screen upon loading, and there is a bug report window upon alt-tabbing. I have played a few times since build 248, and have changed nothing between the time it worked and the time these crashes started. I have tried unsubscribing from all mods and reinstalling NS2, but the problem persists. Reading the log given by the bug report revealed nothing of interest, just showing that it initialized, detected the headset, mic, and graphics card before ending, and the dmp file appears to be stored in binary, so I am unable to read that for useful information. If anyone else is knows a possible solution to this, help would be greatly appreciated.

I am pretty sure that between the times in which the game started crashing and it worked, I updated to the newest nvidia drivers. The update list for that did mention some sli changes for NS2, so it is perhaps my computer reacting badly to these changes. Failing to find another possible solution I will try reverting to the previous drivers and see if anything is fixed by that.

Update:
Fixed it by rolling back graphics drivers to previous version. I was using a Gtx 660m, and it appears the newest nvidia drivers do not work so well with NS2 on it.

Comments