[Bug report] Gorge's bile bomb sound when teleporting via a phasegate

RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
This is not the first time this happens to me.

I was playing in lavafalls and when I took the phasegate to pipeworks, I kept hearing a bile bomb noise. Someone else did ask "do you hear the bile bomb noise when phasing to pipeworks"; meaning I wasn't the only one to hear that.

I believe that when a marine is phasing while a bile bomb explode the sound gets "stuck" (thought, networked to all marines ?). Might be specific to certain frame of the bile bombing...

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Yeah this happens a lot, not map specific, also happens when skipping around in comm view.
  • billetbillet Join Date: 2012-10-02 Member: 161318Members
    yeah i get this A LOT
    used to be fade shadowstep, now its gorge bile
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    I loathe it.. lol..
    Also the "axe cutting egg" sound that plays when you spawn out of an egg... makes you so paranoid.

This bug is reported already just fyi everyone.
    Thanks
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Or the sound of a fade shadowstepping when you phase :|
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Also if anyone has *reliable* means in which to reproduce this please post it here.
    Thanks!
  • IronmanIronman Join Date: 2012-03-22 Member: 149184Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wasnt sure If I was the only one hearing the bile bonb.. : P

Yes, its a small bug, not reall a big deal. But i did find a new teleport bug : )

Seems there is a way to jump into the teleporter and be teleported to the original gate A---->A instead of A--->B

Try jumping into or during teleportation, with and without a jetpack. Might work for you.
    This is fixed for next patch. (the bile bombing sound)

@ironman yea i've heard reports of this.. any video would be greatly appreciated. thanks
  • JCDJCD Join Date: 2005-01-07 Member: 33150Members, Reinforced - Shadow