Decoda Debugging?

Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
edited May 2013 in Modding
This is quite frustrating, when ever I F5 in Decoda to test my mod out, it seems to load the base game instead of my mod, break points in original files work but are skipped in the mod, also commands I have added etc don't work.

The mod DOES work if I use a shortcut -game <dir> to load it, it just crashes, hence the need for a debugger so I can narrow down the issue.

EDIT: While we're at it, why is it that I cannot find the declarations for half the variables/functions I look for. Eg. I search "DisconnectClient" in "find in files" I get 6 results, but NONE of them are declaring the function, only making calls to it, wtf!? (I'm loading the ns2 project file in the ns2\lua dir).

Comments

• TyrsisTyrsis Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8804Members
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »
    This is quite frustrating, when ever I F5 in Decoda to test my mod out, it seems to load the base game instead of my mod, break points in original files work but are skipped in the mod, also commands I have added etc don't work.

The mod DOES work if I use a shortcut -game <dir> to load it, it just crashes, hence the need for a debugger so I can narrow down the issue.

EDIT: While we're at it, why is it that I cannot find the declarations for half the variables/functions I look for. Eg. I search "DisconnectClient" in "find in files" I get 6 results, but NONE of them are declaring the function, only making calls to it, wtf!? (I'm loading the ns2 project file in the ns2\lua dir).

That is part of the API, you won't find it declared because it's an internal to the game. You can view all the API calls in docs\api directory. (In your case Server.json. All the API is there, but it's listed in JSON format.)

I think the real question is, has the debugger ever worked?
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Thanks for that.

And lol I see... Shame about the debugger, it works nicely on the base game.