config_path issues

ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
Hey,

I am having issues on the new build (247) with using config_path. My shortcut to server.exe refers to:
-file "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\27020\private.txt"

and in that private.txt file I have:

-config_path "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\privjson" -name "Archaea Private" -port 27020 -limit 18 -map ns2_summit -console

No mods active.

And in the folder privjson I have the json files: ConsistencyConfig, MapCycle, ServerAdmin and ServerConfig.

Now in b247 what happends is I get this msg when people are joining server:

Client disconnected (**.***.***.**) Your game files do not match the server's. Try verifying your game cache in Steam, or maybe an update just came out.

Now, this is NOT a client problem, since everyone else can join all the other servers. In order to try to locate the problem, I removed one thing at a time until I found that the issue lies within -config_path. If I remove that line that refers to privjson, and let the server create it own new files in
C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Natural Selection 2\ (which it does if it doesn't get a -config_path)
suddenly you can join the server again without and problems.

So I thought maybe some of my .json files in the privjson folder were obsolete? So I removed all of them, and let the server create new ones inside privjson folder (I also tried to copy the ones that I confirmed that worked), but funny thing is it still says "Your game files do not match the server's" to the people connection whenever I have the config_path. I have tried to change folder that config_path refers to, let it recreate all .json files in there, but to no avail. I have tried to reinstall on the server but it doesn't help.

It seems like the issue lies within config_path. Can someone help me here?

Comments

• ScrajmScrajm Join Date: 2011-10-17 Member: 127859Members
    Ok now everything went down. Not even the newly created .json works no more. :/
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Whats in your consistencyconfig.json in your privjson folder?
    The standard one, the one which is created by the server.exe.

But I tried something radical now, I removed the ns2 folder game is in, as well as the "roaming folder" and everything in it. Still dont work... Is there some secret folder it uses to cache which might have bugged out?
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would try running a steamcmd update on your server, with the validate switch after the appid - IE
    +app_update 4940 validate
    that will validate the files on the server, it will take a bit to complete.
    SteamCmd.exe +login ***** ******* +force_install_dir C:\Arc2\ +app_update 4940 verify

Did that several times, to no avail.

I restarted the server now (all that cool uptime gone!) but didnt work.

Reinstalled game twice now, removed all traces of all old files that could be in the way. Nothing is working!

Can´t even join a clean server.exe from a fresh install. Something is really wrong here...
    And as you can see, I even installed the game to a new directory :/
    Did you try deleting the entire Natural Selection 2 folder in "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\" ?
    Also, do you run the server on that user account (admin)?
    I deleted everything, that folder too.

But I just found the issue. The issue is actually the ConsistencyConfig.json created by the server: it is bugged. I had to create my own. Now everything works.

Time taken to figure out: 2.5h. Great!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Scrajm wrote: »
    I deleted everything, that folder too.

But I just found the issue. The issue is actually the ConsistencyConfig.json created by the server: it is bugged. I had to create my own. Now everything works.

Time taken to figure out: 2.5h. Great!
    Can you post the ConsistencyConfig.json text that fixed the issue?
    {
    "check": [ ],
    "ignore": [ ]
    }

:)
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I had to add "models/marine/grenades/*" to the ignore list on several servers with the latest patch. The server has these files while the client doesn't therefore they fail consistency checking.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Apparently some other servers have had trouble with animation graph files that were corrupted. The solutions were either
    1. Add *.animation_graph to the ignore list (kludge)
    2. Do a clean install (not kludge)
  • digitaljuicedigitaljuice Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12420Members
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Apparently some other servers have had trouble with animation graph files that were corrupted. The solutions were either
    1. Add *.animation_graph to the ignore list (kludge)
    2. Do a clean install (not kludge)

clean install for us did not work, had to add it to the ignore.

Clean install did not work for me either when I tried to solve the issue.