Your game files do not match the servers....

repcommandorepcommando Join Date: 2013-03-29 Member: 184526Members
Hi guys
So I just fixed the downloading mods fiasco and now I have a new problem. Half the servers I attempt to join hit me with this message
Your game files do not match the servers. Try verifying your game cache in steam or maybe an update just came out.

I verified integrity of game cache and there was no problem. Thus I'm wondering what else I need to do to get this working.
thanks

Comments

• repcommandorepcommando Join Date: 2013-03-29 Member: 184526Members
    and yes I have already deleted my files in the workshop folder
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    I get similar issue, I've given up mucking around with myfiles as it's often only a temporary fix. I think it's when servers use extended consistency checking.

A temp fix is to unsubscribe from all mods (tedious), then to delete all mods. Then to go into your ns2 folder (Steamapps/common/naturalselection2/ns2) and delete the lua folder. Then verify to redownload that 5mb bunch of files. Although that'll only last about a day so I can't be bothered.
  • rwsrws Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2013-01-05 Member: 177696Members
    Is this just in one server specifically you are having this issue?
  • GlissGliss Join Date: 2003-03-23 Member: 14800Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited April 2013
    when I had this error it was related to a mod I was subscribed to, the balance test mod specifically. trying to join a specific server with it activated this, but many other servers would be fine. disabling the mod would allow me to join that server /shrug

try searching through your subscribed mods and disabling them (even crosshair mods) or maybe clearing your workshop folder in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2\

there can definitely be some terrible issues with the workshop in general
  • GISPGISP Battle Gorge Denmark Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27460Members, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Gold, Subnautica Playtester, Forum staff
    Allso remember to deactivate mods from your mod menu ingame.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    If after deactivating and unsubscribing from all mods through the in game menu does not do it, delete your "workshop" folder located in your hidden %appdata%\Natural selection 2\ folder.
    and try again.
  • hit321hit321 Join Date: 2007-11-17 Member: 62942Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    edited May 2013
    Same problem here.
    I tried:
    1) delete all files in the server (appdata and the game);
    2) desactivate all mods in the server;
    3) delete my files and unsubscrib the mods.
    My final log when i receive the message of "files not match..."
    ___
    Main Menu Initialized at Version: 248
    Steam Id: 6284405
    Error: IDirect3DDevice9::Reset to 1440x900 failed (Device lost)
    Error: Attempted to load remote options from a file that does not exist.
    ___

Still same in build 247/248.
    And is a problem with a single server. I can join in others without problem.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    You should have done those steps in reverse... unsubscribe from all mods through the in game menu, ensure none are active, either.
    Then delete the workshop folder thats in your hidden %appdata%\natural selection 2\ folder.

I'd contact that server owner if its just that one single server? They could be doing something different.

A last resort for you would be to manually delete all the files on your HD relating to NS2 and completely redownload from steam.
    This is NOT a reinstall through stream, or simply validating files.. manually delete everything.
    Then try installing.
  • hit321hit321 Join Date: 2007-11-17 Member: 62942Members, Constellation, NS2 Map Tester
    We found the problem. Is the const.Check.
    I was using this one:

{
    "check": [ "game_setup.xml", "*.lua", "*.fx", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.level", "*.dds", "*.jpg", "*.png", "*.cinematic", "*.material", "*.model", "*.animation_graph", "*.polygons", "*.fev", "*.fsb" ],
    "ignore": [ "ui/*.dds", "*_view*.dds", "*_view*.material", "*_view*.model" ]
    }

Now we just edit and are using this one:

{
    "check": [ "game_setup.xml" ],
    "ignore": [ "ui/*.dds", "*_view*.dds", "*_view*.material", "*_view*.model", "*.lua", "*.fx", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.level", "*.dds", "*.jpg", "*.png", "*.cinematic", "*.material", "*.model", "*.animation_graph", "*.polygons", "*.fev", "*.fsb" ]
    }

Do you know a better config?
    @hit321 Just so you know that means you are ignoring almost everything.. meaning i can run lots of hacks on your server...
    Juuusssstttt thought you should consider that. :)
    IronHorse wrote: »
    @hit321 Just so you know that means you are ignoring almost everything.. meaning i can run lots of hacks on your server...
    Juuusssstttt thought you should consider that. :)
    Yeah, I saw that....but what can I do if the ConstCheck (that Brian, Max and Mendasp told to use) isn't working ?

Ok, I saw the problem. And is with "*.animation_graph", but I dont know why. Just take it off, leaving this:

{
    "check": [ "game_setup.xml", "*.lua", "*.fx", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.fsb", "*.material", "*.model", "*.jpg", "*.png", "*.cinematic", "*.dds", "*.level", "*.fev", "*.polygons" ],
    }

The original recomendation (with "*.animation_graph") is from Brian, Max and Mendasp from UWE Discussion Group.
    edited May 2013
    Ensure that your server installation isn't corrupted or modified.
    A server side mod could be effecting that animation graph
    edited May 2013
    2 servers and 1 in other place are with this same problem. I re-download the game and still same.

EDIT:

I deleted many times the .animation_graph files and downloaded again. The problem persist. With .animation_graph in ConstCheck config all the time get error.
    Okay so it isn't corrupted, but have you tried without any mods subscribed or installed (meaning nothing in the workshop folder) ?
  • BlueEyedDragonBlueEyedDragon UK Join Date: 2013-05-23 Member: 185342Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ok so after having the same problem with my server I think I found the problem.
    After going over the server files comparing them to my own I found that a folder was missing on my PC.
    ns2/models/marine/grenades
    This was in the server files so I downloaded the files inside placed into a folder (named "grenades") then moved it to the same place on my PC.
    Now I can join the server, Maybe Unknown Worlds missed a file with build 248?
    edited May 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Okay so it isn't corrupted, but have you tried without any mods subscribed or installed (meaning nothing in the workshop folder) ?
    Yes, I tried.
    Ok so after having the same problem with my server I think I found the problem.
    After going over the server files comparing them to my own I found that a folder was missing on my PC.
    ns2/models/marine/grenades
    This was in the server files so I downloaded the files inside placed into a folder (named "grenades") then moved it to the same place on my PC.
    Now I can join the server, Maybe Unknown Worlds missed a file with build 248?

But and another person, can join in the server without doing this? I'm thinking that the problem is with server and not with you.
  • BlueEyedDragonBlueEyedDragon UK Join Date: 2013-05-23 Member: 185342Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2013
    "But and another person, can join in the server without doing this? I'm thinking that the problem is with server and not with you."

No the server's have been given files not yet given to public players, so the problem is with the server.
    No one can join the server because no one else has been given the ns2/models/marine/granades files.
    So the server is looking for this file but cant find it on anyones client hench you get this message.
    "Your game files do not match the servers. Try verifying your game cache in steam or maybe an update just came out."

edited May 2013
    Did you try change the ConstCheck Config like I did about animation_graph ?
    Just try for I see if my problem (with 2 servers) is the same of your.
    This one?

{
    "check"[ "game_setup.xml", "*.lua", "*.fx", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.fsb", "*.material", "*.model", "*.jpg", "*.png", "*.cinematic", "*.dds", "*.level", "*.fev", "*.polygons" ],
    }

edited May 2013
    This one?

{
    "check"[ "game_setup.xml", "*.lua", "*.fx", "*.screenfx", "*.surface_shader", "*.fxh", "*.render_setup", "*.shader_template", "*.fsb", "*.material", "*.model", "*.jpg", "*.png", "*.cinematic", "*.dds", "*.level", "*.fev", "*.polygons" ],
    }

Yes.
    Put this in the server and try enter on it.
  • DarkflameQDarkflameQ Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183451Members
    Me and a few friends have been having this problem since update 248, has a new bug been introduced?

Never had the problem before.

I've unsubscribed from every mod and deleted them from the usual place however when i go into game and look under mods the whole list is still there?

Very confused about that, i have the mods on favorite but i'm assuming having them on favorite is not the same as subscribing.
    Nope hit321 that does not fix my problem, Im sorry to say.
    When joining the server with the console open it is asking for the (ns2/models/marine/grenades) files.
    I will not say what the files inside are unless Unknown Worlds wishes to make them public, but this is the reason people cant join my server :(
    edited May 2013
    Nope hit321 that does not fix my problem, Im sorry to say.
    When joining the server with the console open it is asking for the (ns2/models/marine/grenades) files.
    I will not say what the files inside are unless Unknown Worlds wishes to make them public, but this is the reason people cant join my server :(

What I remeber about these files (marines/grenades) its just show up in the logs of server, but I don't know why and never was a problem for me.
    What's showing up for who are trying join in the server, and what is the log in the server about it?

____

Brian agreed with me, the solution about mesage - Your game files do not match the servers. Try verifying your game cache in steam or maybe an update just came out - is:

"Removing "*animation_graph" from consistency is the best solution to this problem until the next patch is released."
  • <ZONE><ZONE> Join Date: 2011-01-30 Member: 79573Members
    Hello, I have the same problem, I cannot connect to any servers at all, they all say "blah blah game files don't match"
    IS THERE A FIX FOR THIS (yes I know I'm shouting, I'm pissed off as I haven't been able to play NS2 for about a week).
    Come on Unknown worlds, get your shit together, i;m not seeing a resolution from the game developers happening here at all!
    I have verified my game files about 5 times (yawn) over the week, no updates.....

Removing "*animation_graph" from the servers constcheck file fixed it for me thanks.
  • edgsydedgsyd Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187289Members
    hello i have the same problem but me i just installed the game, what should i do?
  • PurgePurge Join Date: 2013-08-29 Member: 187172Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    when you running ns2 on linux : run this command in console /terminal : LANG=en_US /usr/bin/steam&

here is the Explanation = http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131694/solved-linux-cant-connect-to-any-server#latest

Thanks @ tuxor for the solution
    the console says :No file or folder of this type
    PLZZZZZZZZZZ HELPPPPP