Build 247 is now live on Steam! - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Xarius wrote: »
    Zzz, still no sewlek balance changes I see :(

NSL season 2 finals aren't over yet
  • SpoogeSpooge Thunderbolt missile in your cheerios Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 67Members
    Jekt wrote: »
    Quick swap doesn't work by the way. Are we in beta again?

First thing I did last night was rebind the quick switch to Q (like NS1) and medpack requests to V. Worked perfectly for me. I don't recall one instance where I had an issue with it.
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Xao wrote: »
    Every time I attempt to change from Fullscreen to Fullscreen windowed it crashes with the same error as alt tabbing, zzz.

You can change it in the config.
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Spooge wrote: »
    Jekt wrote: »
    Quick swap doesn't work by the way. Are we in beta again?

First thing I did last night was rebind the quick switch to Q (like NS1) and medpack requests to V. Worked perfectly for me. I don't recall one instance where I had an issue with it.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/130392/quick-switch-it-doesnt-work#latest
  • MilaniumMilanium Join Date: 2012-12-27 Member: 176388Members
    edited May 2013
    Still waiting for an update that will make this playable on my lower end computer where Source engine games run just fine, but Spark engine is no fun at all :( plus where is the promised Linux support?
  • ijustpwnedu96ijustpwnedu96 Join Date: 2013-01-27 Member: 182320Members
    Thanks for the update UWE. I know you guys and the community work day and night to improve NS2 everyday. There may be some issues with the update, but its alright. Take your time and fix the minor bugs :)

Once again, thanks for all the hard work you guys did so far! Keep it up!
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    I haven't seen anyone mention nutrient mist not working correctly, as well as a bug where when a location has been scanned, players see scans on the map of locations not actively being scanned.
  • BalmarkBalmark Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3476Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Thank you so much for the server list modifications :D

Only down side so far for me

ALT+TAB was never an issue before for me, now every single time, it crashes NS2.
  • DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members
    Same here, was fine pre patch. Now if I alt tab it will die, not a major issue but can be a pain if I forget. this was on a vanilla server.
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    The alt-tab bug is known about, and is almost certainly being worked on... it's dogged the team for some time, they manage to resolve it for a while, and then it'll reappear for some unknown reason.

If you can change to "fullscreen windowed" it solves the crash issue, but changing the display type is also causing problems for some people (myself included).
  • phoenixbbsphoenixbbs Join Date: 2003-02-10 Member: 13379Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    @yuckfoo - We'll need to try to replicate these during playtests to confirm any issues (we try our best, but it's not always possible to check every existing "previously working" function / capability, as we're usually trying to stress-test and look for snags in new changes during playtests.

@Milanium - Source is relatively "basic" in terms of what the engine does, compared to Spark. That said, the problem isn't the graphics engine - it's the use of LUA for the game code that causes the slowdowns, as it's very (very!) CPU intensive. You can get an idea of how much this drags things down by starting a local server, and going into "spectate" and zooming around the map.

As for a linux version, I don't think one was ever specifically "promised", but may come about more easily as a result of work to allow the game to run using something other than DirectX.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Dude... Source engine came out in 2004... It's 2013 now... Maybe update your cwomputaw. :3
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    yuckfoo wrote: »
    I haven't seen anyone mention nutrient mist not working correctly, as well as a bug where when a location has been scanned, players see scans on the map of locations not actively being scanned.

I'm almost certain this is a server mod bug..
  • yuckfooyuckfoo Join Date: 2012-11-08 Member: 168216Members
    IronHorse wrote: »
    yuckfoo wrote: »

I'm almost certain this is a server mod bug..

It very well could be, almost every server I play on runs DAK
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    While UWE isn't directly responsible for mods and their maintenence - and while I can't speak to future plans of UWE without violating NDA - I do consider the "mods breaking every patch" backwards compatibility to be somewhat a bug..
    And therefore I've rationalized it just enough that I can speak about it this much : Its being worked on currently by a very talented person.
    Hope that helps ;-)
  • TweadleTweadle Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39686Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Chill guys. Build 248 will be worked on 24 hours, EIGHT days a week.
  • wirywiry Join Date: 2009-05-25 Member: 67479Members
    Something will be broken in 248 as well, don't worry.
    Man, you two are certainly a peachy bunch, aren'tcha?
    Well, considering the track record...
  • SeeVeeSeeVee Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165206Members
    edited May 2013
    For anyone getting the "your files differ from the server (if server and client are build 247) " when trying to join here is why: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2118496/#Comment_2118496
  • RautapalliRautapalli Join Date: 2010-07-23 Member: 72710Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Or because you're on the just released 248 build unlike the majority of the servers (come on I want to play!)
  • ComproxComprox *chortle* Canada Join Date: 2002-01-23 Member: 7Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Ok guys, they are hard at work on the next patch already. Here is some of the work being done:

sk0g2Oa.jpg
    FdfNK6p.jpg
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Cool to see news to the server browser... but could we get version of the server shown in the server browser ? Not really cool to see the servers you can't join :|. (At least show them but show their version number or write them as update; something like that)
  • nawoanawoa Join Date: 2012-12-11 Member: 174777Members, Reinforced - Gold
    I've been begging for votekick for a while now, very happy to see it implemented. Thanks.
  • FLuXFLuX Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11633Members, NS2 Playtester, Subnautica Playtester
    Comprox wrote: »
    Ok guys, they are hard at work on the next patch already. Here is some of the work being done:

sk0g2Oa.jpg
    FdfNK6p.jpg

I've never seen SVN check ins this descriptive before, they really are hard at work. :D

wiry wrote: »

Called it - http://i.imgur.com/0qy1PQx.jpg
  • MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    edited May 2013

Called it - http://i.imgur.com/0qy1PQx.jpg
    That's actually a bug with my Custom HUD mod, I'm going to take a look at it now.

EDIT: Fixed.
    edited May 2013
  • ma$$a$$terma$$a$$ter Join Date: 2012-11-01 Member: 165651Members
    edited May 2013
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Take that, @wiry.
    :)
    lol

\o/
    |
    /\