Anyone else sick of this invincible structure bug

billetbillet Join Date: 2012-10-02 Member: 161318Members
edited May 2013 in NS2 General Discussion
UWE,

For the love of god, fix the invincible structure bug.
Its been 6 months now.
So many games have been ruined to an invincible crag or hydra.
I love NS2 but this is just crazy that it is still happening.

Comments

• Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    You know, you get more positive attention when you don't use really vague thread titles like that.
  • PoliniPolini Join Date: 2012-10-30 Member: 164602Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    That happened to me too, but with a veil and with a shade in Refinery. But they must be fixing it for sure , because has been reported many times.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    ^same hours, never seen it.
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    xen32 wrote: »
    Anyone else sick of egg teleportation while evolving?

Yes.

"Hey I'm in this neat hiding spot and I guess I'll just go gorge right her--. NOPE, I'M ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF MARINES."
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Anyone sick of needing to swap weapons before being able to fire or reload?
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Jekt wrote: »

Reload bug! :P

• DaveodethDaveodeth Join Date: 2012-11-21 Member: 172717Members

especially when your evolving to Onos and it moves the egg over a chasm. well played sir, well played.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2013
    Ghosthree3 wrote: »

Yes.

"Hey I'm in this neat hiding spot and I guess I'll just go gorge right her--. NOPE, I'M ON THE FLOOR IN FRONT OF MARINES."

Don't move! They can't see us if we don't move. Wait I think I'm mixing something up here...

*Ghosthree3 and Kouji_San get shot*

Oh sh!t, run you fool, RUN!!!*

* side note: eggs can't run

Also fixed your title for you billet
  • A[L]CA[L]C Join Date: 2010-07-25 Member: 72801Members
    Locklear wrote: »
    Mhm
    Yes, much preferred how it was in the beta

• BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    I've seen invincible crags and shades normally once every 10-ish rounds and I have around 400 hours. Don't know how some of you never see them.
  • SUPER_SARSSUPER_SARS Join Date: 2013-02-13 Member: 183039Members
    I see them fairly often also. Its ridiculous when you have 3 marines with shotties trying to shoot down a crag and its still at full health.
  • RobotixRobotix Join Date: 2013-02-20 Member: 183222Members
    I've seen invincible crags and shades normally once every 10-ish rounds and I have around 400 hours. Don't know how some of you never see them.

I've played for over 500 hours and I see this bug at least once every 3 rounds that I play Marines. However, I believe I have found a workaround. You can shoot the very base of the invincible structure to damage it normally (this usually works). That is easier said than done when you are trying to kill Hydras on the ceiling, though.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    It's has to do with a desync of the actual hitbox and the structure location, client side you see the hitbox on the model, the server sees it somewhere else I believe. It's weird and hard to repro reliably somehow. Something about low server performance in combination with low client performance, if I recall correctly...
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members

Yes.

I guess this trick is not very well known then:

Quite often, when I want to evolve while in a vent, it seems impossible...the evolution refuses to start, maybe because the vent is to narrow or low.
    So if you first hold your crouch-key, and then enter the evolution-menu, it will work most of the time.

This way, I've been able to evolve on the strangest spots as well, like on top of a steel beam....but just be carefull not to be pressing a movement-key, when you pop out of the egg.

Popping out of the egg and immeadiatly falling down some abyss, well this happened to me once, on Docking's Landing Pad, as I was trying to evolve "safely" behind one of those big crates.

• Leech0rLeech0r Join Date: 2013-05-19 Member: 185290Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Speaking of bugs, it would be nice if you didn't get blocked by an invisible wall when going over this particular section of piping in platform area of tram
  • ritualsacrificeritualsacrifice Join Date: 2012-11-14 Member: 171148Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    The invicible crag bug sucks almost as much as the dead zones on the commander screen where you can't drop medpacks.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Weapon jamming. Its for extra realism.
  • SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    ScardyBob wrote: »
    Weapon jamming. Its for extra realism.

Yeah, some marines really need to take good care of their weapon. I can't tell you how many times I see them drag it across the goo, throw it at the wall, or smack an alien in the face with it. It's like they never passed basic training!
  • amoralamoral Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177250Members
    i've seen invincible crags maybe 3-4 times in the last 20 hours, so it seems to be getting more frequent for me at least. hard to hold positions when you have a crag healing the attackers sitting inside your forward base. also, stupid reload bug gets me every so often too.
    Paajtor wrote: »

Yes.

I guess this trick is not very well known then:

Quite often, when I want to evolve while in a vent, it seems impossible...the evolution refuses to start, maybe because the vent is to narrow or low.
    So if you first hold your crouch-key, and then enter the evolution-menu, it will work most of the time.

This way, I've been able to evolve on the strangest spots as well, like on top of a steel beam....but just be carefull not to be pressing a movement-key, when you pop out of the egg.

Popping out of the egg and immeadiatly falling down some abyss, well this happened to me once, on Docking's Landing Pad, as I was trying to evolve "safely" behind one of those big crates.

Know of it, sometimes it doesn't work, I'm talking more about evolving up on beams and such.
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I haven't encountered this bug in a while so I'm wondering if its related to a specific mod (maybe ns2stats?) The next time this occurs, make sure to record the server and which mods the server was running so we can track down the problem.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Next patch changelogs.

Removed ns2stats.
    - This has a side effect of removing every bug in the game currently and improved performance by doublefold.
    CyberKun wrote: »
    Next patch changelogs.

Removed ns2stats.
    - This has a side effect of removing every bug in the game currently and improved performance by doublefold.
    I hate to pick on ns2stats since its such a great mod, but apparently the 'glancing bite on structures' problem that was fixed several builds ago still lives on in ns2stats. I wonder how many long fixed bugs are lingering in the bowels of ns2stats.
  • CyberKunCyberKun Join Date: 2013-02-02 Member: 182733Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • HughHugh Cameraman San Francisco, CA Join Date: 2010-04-18 Member: 71444NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Onos, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    ezekel wrote: »
    Reload bug! :P

There has never been, never will be any bugs with weapon reloads. Or rifle sounds. Or sentry gun sounds. Or anything in NS2, really. /me slinks away