Balance Test Mod Errors

digitaljuicedigitaljuice Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12420Members
edited May 2013 in Technical Support
I'm trying to run a new server with just the balance test mod (fresh install no errors) and everything looks good from server/web admin side no errors and the server is up showing the proper resources (700 per) and 30 tics no problem.

However when I join with my client it spams the shit out of my game with lua errors and keeps me at a blackscreen until I disconnect.

Any suggestions? O_o I've tried disabling all of my clients mods except for BT and restarting the game several times with no luck.

Thanks!!

Comments

• digitaljuicedigitaljuice Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12420Members
    eek, no suggestions at all? :(
  • invTempestinvTempest Join Date: 2003-03-02 Member: 14223Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2013
    Disable the balance test mod on your client as you don't need it active to connect to any servers (it is mounted automatically).

If that doesn't work then please post your log.txt which can be found in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2 from your client and we can proceed from there.

• digitaljuicedigitaljuice Join Date: 2003-01-17 Member: 12420Members
    edited May 2013
    Disable the balance test mod on your client as you don't need it active to connect to any servers (it is mounted automatically).

If that doesn't work then please post your log.txt which can be found in %appdata%\Natural Selection 2 from your client and we can proceed from there.

thanks! well here you go. 10 megs already only after 2 seconds of trying to connect, it really spams the lua errors.

i had to cut it short, but it basically just keeps spamming errors as you can see.

EDIT & SOLUTION
    so after being unable to connect to any other BT servers it seemed like a client error (so this is clearly the wrong section for it) and ultimately after uninstalling ALL of my mods and then connecting first to the BT mod server and having it download only that as a mod, it seems to be working now.

Ultimately I think NS2stats or something was trying to load even though I had all of my mods disabled on my client, or so I thought. They have all since redownloaded so it looks like it was just my client loading mods that showed disabled.

Thanks tempest you inspired my fix. this can be closed now. sorry for the bother!