The Last Stand

OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
I would love to play this new mod but I can't seem to find any servers that run the mod. Could anybody give me some server names or something?

Comments

• RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I typed in 'ls' to the game type in the browser and found a handful of servers running it. It was a lot of fun!
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    I found it fun but, like combat, could do without Xenocide and other skill-less shenanigans like that. 
  • PaajtorPaajtor Join Date: 2012-11-09 Member: 168634Members
    At the moment there are around 4 (Euro) fulltime Last Stand servers.
    When the mod just got public, it was always possible to find a LS game.
    But not anymore, appearantly....for the last couple of days, those servers stayed empty.

But that's ok...the mod and it's maps are still in a very rough shape.
    Once it got more work into it, people will come back.

Xenocide is very powerfull in LS, but it still takes skill to deploy it with good results.
    It's an effective minesweeper.
    Infiltrating Skulk is great as well.
  • CrushaKCrushaK Join Date: 2012-11-05 Member: 167195Members, NS2 Playtester
    Is there anyone in charge of improving the mod right now?

The mod is nice but really needs some work put into it. Aliens should have more meaningful lifeform selections, since it's pretty much a no-brainer to choose the Hardened Skulk over the regular one and so on. More variations would be nice too, as well as buffs towards the endgame (make lifeforms with more than one upgrade evolved available the further the game progresses, like "Hardened Leaping Skulk" or "Energized Gassy Lerk").

It would also be nice to see the Swarm Gorge become actually useful. On a Balance Test server with cheats enabled, Sewlek played a bit around with us and started the "Babbler Invasion": he went spectator and started to spawn massive amounts of Babblers and Hydras all over the place. It was actually really challenging to keep up against it. The default way of how Babblers are handled doesn't really make them viable for offense, but if Gorges could basically spawn Babblers right away with their mouth for some energy cost instead of laying eggs, they would probably be much more useful for supporting an attack.
    Remove it's Spit ability in return and leave it only with Babblers and Bait Balls.

A Support Gorge could be one that can plant Hydras that grow really quickly on the battlefield as well as having strong Healspray available to help out in combat.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I need to try this mod out tomorrow. Combat is a fun change of pace every now and then, maybe this can be too
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Glad you guys enjoy it! I'm fixing bugs on it right now, but that's in my spare time, which is limited. We will release all the source soon, so maybe a community member could take over it.
  • PricePrice Join Date: 2003-09-27 Member: 21247Members
    edited May 2013
    ...its the last stand, what was i smoking...
  • RoobubbaRoobubba Who you gonna call? Join Date: 2003-01-06 Member: 11930Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Price said:
    If you can't find a server just type "CO" in the map search field, i always find combat games with that.
    The Mod. is very fun, but people still think the Grenade Launcher is way to powerfull, aliens get spawn raped all the time, maybe increase the spawn protection a bit?
    The Last Stand mode of Combat is a nice idea, but same here, grenade launchers are to powerfull.
    Marines rush into the hive, no alien can reach them, except pro-fade players, some of the maps have to huge hive locations for jetpack marines.
    Some of the maps have a very bad balance for aliens too.
    For example the map called "ns2_co_faceoff", i like it, it's a pretty map but what was the creator thinking?
    There are FIVE, yes 5 entrys to the alien hive, while marines just got two, is this balance?
    With grenade launcher rush, you have not a chance as aliens in last stand mode.
    But like with ns2, the balance is always a problem ^^
    Keep your good work, the onos devour looks fantastic!

A bug  i found out: Babblers are sometimes trapped into the command station and can only be destroyed by flamethrower

I think you're mistaking co= combat with ls=last stand. Two different mods.
  • AurOn2AurOn2 COOKIES! FREEDOM, AND BISCUITS! Australia Join Date: 2012-01-13 Member: 140224Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Forum staff
    He's trying to pose an alternative if there is no last stand. :/
  • RegnarebRegnareb Join Date: 2007-08-26 Member: 62008Members, NS2 Playtester
    Paajtor said:
    At the moment there are around 4 (Euro) fulltime Last Stand servers.
    When the mod just got public, it was always possible to find a LS game.
    But not anymore, appearantly....for the last couple of days, those servers stayed empty.
    Like everytime, even if they are empty, just join and they will fill up really quickly most of the time.
    tried that, offcourse...but I hope they will be able to put some more spare time into it.
    I don't know why they don't make it an official gametype right away. Having more than one official one would at least give them something else to draw players in and to advertise the game with.
    Not in the state it is right now. Alien spawns need more love, and for example, sometimes both sides suffer from a bug that gives a player a 3rd-person view. And also, the HUD is still buggy.
  • Blarney_StoneBlarney_Stone Join Date: 2013-03-08 Member: 183808Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I still haven't been able to find a game... Most I could find was 1 player :/
  • NeokenNeoken Bruges, Belgium Join Date: 2004-03-20 Member: 27447Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    CrushaK said:
    I don't know why they don't make it an official gametype right away. Having more than one official one would at least give them something else to draw players in and to advertise the game with.
    I tried the mod and it was great fun, as a change of pace. That dual railgun is glorious. :D

But they'd need to sink a lot more time into it for it to be an official game mode, and right now, I'm guessing the priority is still polishing vanilla NS2.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Neoken said:
    CrushaK said:
    That dual railgun is glorious. :D
    EVIL! :P
    I still haven't been able to find a game... Most I could find was 1 player :/
    There is a French server now, with 13 players on it!
    I frequently use the Dual Railgun in normal NS2 when Sewlek has cheats enabled. It's not nearly as mean as people make it out to be. A good Fade can still kill me. :p
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    CrushaK said:
    I frequently use the Dual Railgun in normal NS2 when Sewlek has cheats enabled. It's not nearly as mean as people make it out to be. A good Fade can still kill me. :p
    Wat... one full charge shot and the fades basically dead... You sir are silly.

edited May 2013
    Tells a lot about my aiming. :p

Well, you could make the Dual Railgun cost 90 res or something.
    With built-in mininuke in case it gets killed. :>
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    CrushaK said:

Only if we get Onos Xenocide, which wipes out the entire base :P
    Kouji_San said:
    CrushaK said:

Only if we get Onos Xenocide, which wipes out the entire base :P
    Don't we already have that? It's called gorge support with bilebomb :D
  • angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Hello!

Tried to play Last Stand mod but it's not working as of build 247 :(
  • SteveRockSteveRock Join Date: 2012-10-01 Member: 161215Members, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Argh the patch did break it. I will look into it soon.
  • kendopekendope Join Date: 2013-04-06 Member: 184663Members
    I've been trying to play it also but hardly anybody is in those servers :(
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    Imho The Last Stand could easily beat combat if perfected, it's just as action-packed but comes with an additional layer of strat.

But right now, the alien lifeform selection is just messed up, the time is weirdly spaced (last 20sec huge action before that nothing to do), and yeah. Needs alot of work.
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    It's a shame these mods were not out sooner when the player count was much higher. Now I'm lucky to find any populated mod servers. Even with combat there are only a couple.
  • KenshikenKenshiken Join Date: 2013-02-01 Member: 182698Members
    edited May 2013
    Yeah, want to play it, but, didnt find any populated servers for like a week.
    Still hoping that some of the features of Last Stand eventually make it into the live game. For instance the improved item pickup and player-deployed Sentries.
    Publishing a new build that runs on 248..