ls_mayan

angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
Hello!

I'm working now on my first mapping idea, trying to make something resembling a Mayan Palace/Castle for the Last Stand Mod, I hope to have the pre-alpha ready soon,still have some issues on where to put ramps for Gorgies and Oni access.

FYI, I'm roughly basing my map on this place, The Palace in Palenque
P6090002a.jpg

Comments

• DarkSeraphDarkSeraph Join Date: 2004-06-07 Member: 29174Members
    Fun fact: my ns1 mapping experience was creating but never publishing a classic style map based on a mayan theme. It was a bit easier at the time as I could use the Counterstrike textures, but once I figured out how to do everything I wanted to do I lost interest.
  • PandademicPandademic Join Date: 2013-02-26 Member: 183359Members
    Sonofabitch, you beat me to it. ;) Awesome theme. Look forward to it.
  • angelousangelous Join Date: 2013-03-18 Member: 184073Members, WC 2013 - Silver
    Well, I made a rough grey-box of the palace/pyramid, but on my attempts to make it approximate to real sizes I made a map that is too big for Last Stand XD 

The base is approx 3600'' x 2880'', and the top platform 2656'' x 2080'' . My solution to the open space was to build all inside a sphere (well, a dome).

I still like the idea, but it might be that I need to cut the scale or just use a section of the palace (but that tower IS staying, I want to make that the last stand, with skulks climbing from all sides and lerks flying around. The current tower is 4 stories high, each story being 208'' tall

Anyway, here's some screenshots I made a couple of days ago

• bp2008bp2008 Join Date: 2012-11-28 Member: 173581Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    edited May 2013
    That looks like fun.  It really doesn't look much bigger than the landing pad level...  fewer places for people to hide anyway so that is good.

I wish more people played LS though.