"Warning: Too many console commands executed too fast"

casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
For some strange reason, ever since the 246 update, I've been getting my console flooded with this warning. It doesn't affect my gameplay or performance in any way, it's really just annoying. I don't have any macros or custom binds or anything, so I'm not sure what's causing this warning to spam my console.

So far, I've noticed it happens when I'm playing on the field a LOT. When I'm spectating (i.e. casting), however, it does not occur at all--UNLESS I go into 3rd person/free-look mode. Then it will start showing up.

SCREENSHOT.

Also, for some video of when it happens: http://www.twitch.tv/ns2soz/b/399878944 @ 1:06:00. I go to free-look mode in Nanogrid to try to get a more cinematic view and open my console after the engagement to check the kill log, and you'll see how many times it occurs relative to the kills that were just witnessed (Sorry, Bitey).

And just to reiterate, this was not at all a problem in 245. It's just surfaced since 246, but I haven't bothered to make a thread about it until now.

Thanks for your time!

Comments

• TharosTharos Join Date: 2012-12-18 Member: 175439Members
    This error was created in build 246 : it occurs when you send more than 1 console command/second (i.e : spam a custom bind for joining a team).

Some mods can produce this error (Shine admin if you hold the menu key instead of pressing it once)

You can try to go in %appdata%/natural selection 2 and delete ConsoleBindings.json

• casan0vaxcasan0vax Cloverfield, USA Join Date: 2012-11-04 Member: 166663Members, WC 2013 - Shadow
    That did the trick, thanks Tharos!
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Technically what @tharos said is only true for the kill command.. you can in fact spam other console commands faster than 1 per second.
    But when that threshold is reached, you will be given that warning still.

And thanks for including that info about shine.