So how drunk was the art developer?

Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
so how drunk was the art developer? im pretty sure that is wrong :P

FCB3EAE80E789EFB7393BCEE16ACAFAE45BD3664

Comments

• ZaggyZaggy NullPointerException The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-12-10 Member: 24214Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Onos, Subnautica Playtester
    What are we looking at?
  • WillzZzWillzZz Join Date: 2013-01-31 Member: 182667Members
    conatiner? Apparently typo = drunk :P
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    Maybe that's the future Aussie-TSA spelling.
  • lwflwf Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58311Members, Constellation
    I don't think I've ever seen this prop. Is it even made by UWE?
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Racer1 wrote: »
    Maybe that's the future Aussie-TSA spelling.
    Going by the logic in this thread, you must be drunk as well -> TSF* :P
  • Rellik_ptRellik_pt Join Date: 2013-01-22 Member: 181205Members
    WillzZz wrote: »
    conatiner? Apparently typo = drunk :P

yep. and i m joking about the drunk.

• dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2013
    The "artdeveloper" of this unfinished greyboxed community map?
  • BestProfileNameBestProfileName Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177320Members
    Turns out you couldn't conatine the mistake

Uh huh uh huhuhuh grabledguffaw muh huhhuh
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Slap TM to the end of it and it suddenly becomes ConatinerTM, Brand Name for the shipping crates of the future!
    dePARA wrote: »
    The "artdeveloper" of this unfinished greyboxed community map?

the prop not the map...

• MelancorMelancor Join Date: 2003-12-15 Member: 24415Members
    I want to know what drug you were on to even notice that detail. Besides, what makes you so sure its not supposed to be "conatiner"?
    none. i just stop in front of that and notice that error. conatiner yeah right instead of container sure....
  • peregrinusperegrinus Join Date: 2010-07-16 Member: 72445Members
    This is realism. Are you not immersed?!
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    He was working from the Onos Bar
  • soccerguy243soccerguy243 Join Date: 2012-12-22 Member: 175920Members, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2013
    Kamamura wrote: »
    CONATINER = COaligned NAnite Temporal INvERtor. It's a device that reverses time flow locally, useful for stale bear, spoiled food, dead marines ...
    I hate stale bear. I did all that work hunting the bear and its goes bad so quickly! :-p
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    CONATINERS can even correct stupid typos like they have never existed!
  • JonacrabJonacrab Join Date: 2003-08-02 Member: 18705Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester
    This prop and other props were outsourced to a group outside of the US, we missed some stuff when looking them over.... Theres actually another new prop that still has a typo in it, who can find it first? Hint: It is a prop made specifically for descent
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    Jonacrab wrote: »
    Hint: It is a prop made specifically for descent

The tag on the gorge plushies says "MADE ON LV-426" instead of "CL-0RF".
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    drop shirtguns by the conatiner, commando
  • CamronCamron Join Date: 2011-01-06 Member: 76356Members
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Commando here, which baton drips guns?
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Camron wrote: »
    Narfwak wrote: »
    Commando here, which baton drips guns?
    Nob commando, that baton recicles. Ejoct!

• _Necro__Necro_ Join Date: 2011-02-15 Member: 81895Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hilarious! This thread turned out better than expected. :D
  • InsaneInsane Anomaly Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 605Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts, Future Perfect Developer
    CONATINER = COaligned NAnite Temporal INvERtor. It's a device that reverses time flow locally, useful for stale beer, spoiled food, dead marines - all damages and mistakes are now reversible due to this cutting edge technology. Have you ever wondered how it's possible that the killed marine's body just disappears and the same soldier teleports in after a few seconds? That's Conatiners at their finest.

Don't confuse with CONTAINER, which is basically a fancy name for a box, really.

I was going to point out that the crate was made by someone for whom English is not a first language, and sometimes mistakes get through. But yeah, let's just go with this.

• xen32xen32 Join Date: 2012-10-18 Member: 162676Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Oh well, guess I need a refund now.
  • MestaritonttuMestaritonttu Join Date: 2004-07-29 Member: 30229Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Gold
    I always wondered who were the people who noticed things like little triangles inside vent ducts.

Now I know. And consequently, I also know why the Skulk who was just behind me did nothing while I got killed.
  • CabooseCaboose title = name(self, handle) Join Date: 2003-02-15 Member: 13597Members, Constellation
    edited April 2013
    @Kamamura, thank you for explaining this with nanites.
    CONATINER = COaligned NAnite Temporal INvERtor. It's a device that reverses time flow locally, useful for stale beer, spoiled food, dead marines - all damages and mistakes are now reversible due to this cutting edge technology. Have you ever wondered how it's possible that the killed marine's body just disappears and the same soldier teleports in after a few seconds? That's Conatiners at their finest.

Don't confuse with CONTAINER, which is basically a fancy name for a box, really.

ah that explains everything......

• KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    Caboose wrote: »
    @Kamamura, thank you for explaining this with nanites.

It was my pleasure. It's a subtle nuance, but if you look at the object more carefully, you will immediately realize that a glowing object with so many important-looking inscriptions and arrows must be more sophisticated than a simple storage unit.

The TSR Xeno Division records even mention a Beta Quadrant quartermaster who was in charge of rebuilding of a colony destroyed by a recent alien raid. Burning buildings everywhere, dead bodies, desperate survivors, a shipment of properly calibrated Conatiners could reverse the most critical damage and bring back the key personel to life. But this quartermaster messed up, and sent them to Omicron instead, and Beta Quadrant received - you guessed right - a shipment of plain, empty boxes. The whole colony was lost to an epidemic and life support systems malfunction, the quartermaster was stripped of his rank and he is awaiting court martial today. Exile is the best he can hope for.

And the moral of the story is - TSR soldiers must be meticulous and serious about their duties. If you don't pay attention, it can happen to you tomorrow!

Dismissed.

• SquishpokePOOPFACESquishpokePOOPFACE -21,248 posts (ignore below) Join Date: 2012-10-31 Member: 165262Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I love how everything in NS2 can be explained away by Nanites.