Request - Idiot's guide to DAK?

MkollMkoll Join Date: 2013-02-11 Member: 182996Members
edited April 2013 in Server Discussion
Hi

My clan recently funded a server which I am maintaining at the moment. I have experience of adminning HL servers (DOD v1.3 onwards, and NS1 v1.1 onwards) and i see a lot of similarity between the console commands. I have installed and updated the server config files, as well as enabling DAK admin mod on the server command line in server.xml. I have also edited mapcycle.json to call the mod on map change but it doesn't seem to be working on map change.

In addition, I am finding wading through the info on the server hosting page of the wiki to find out how to enable reserved slots quite a challenge. Is there anyone out there who could possibly please provide a brief "idiot's guide" on how to get both of these issues working?

I imagine there are quite a few users our there who would be grateful for a slightly more easy to digest set of guidance for this excellent mod.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• SidderSidder Join Date: 2012-12-23 Member: 176034Members
    You would be best off posting it on the DAK thread itself or reading throu most of this kind of stuff (might) already be answerd

xDragon(creator), is usually helping out