NS2AT for iOS

teepsdonnellyteepsdonnelly Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176879Members
edited January 2013 in Server Discussion
<div class="IPBDescription">Natural Selection 2 Admin Tool</div>Hello all,

I've been working on an iOS server administration tool to help admins who are on the move, or just like the option of controlling their server through their iOS devices rather than having to log into the web interface. I've submitted the app to the store, it will be free, but while it's awaiting review I'd like to get some testers.

In order to use the app, you'll need your server IP or hostname, the port that your NS2 Web Administration Service is running on, and your username and password for the web admin interface.

Then, click the recruitment link ( <a href="http://tflig.ht/X4st2o" target="_blank">http://tflig.ht/X4st2o</a> ) and sign up to test - add your device via the e-mail it sends you, I'll add you to the testers list and you'll be able to install each build.

Thanks everyone!

Terrence

Comments

• teepsdonnellyteepsdonnelly Join Date: 2012-12-31 Member: 176879Members
    Howdy. I've updated the post to make it much easier to start testing. Sorry about any confusion. Thanks again and happy testing!
    I noticed some people are having problems. Forgive me as I may have left out some configuration info:

In my server shortcut, I use the -webadmin -webport -webuser -webpassword -webdomain switches like so (replace the XXXXXX values with your desired username and password):

C:\ns2server\Server.exe -name NS.TEEPS.ORG -map ns2_tram -limit 16 -webadmin -webport 8081 -webuser XXXXXX -webpassword XXXXXX -webdomain "192.168.1.102"

Then in my router configuration, I forward port 8081 to 192.168.1.102 because that is my server's LAN IP address. Then I'm able to use my WAN IP or Hostname inside of the app and control it over either WiFi OR 3G.

Hopefully this helps! Thanks.
    edited January 2013
    Just giving a status update - The app was approved by Apple and is currently processing for the App Store :) It should be available to download from there within a couple days. Thanks to everyone who tested! I appreciate it. - <a href="https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ns2at/id593294906?ls=1&mt=8" target="_blank">https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ns2at/id593...6?ls=1&mt=8</a>
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Appreciate the effort! Will be using it when I get my hands on an iPhone :)
  • semihandysemihandy Florida Join Date: 2012-05-24 Member: 152537Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, WC 2013 - Silver
    This is pretty awesome, thanks so much!

I have a feature suggestion as well :) -- it would be awesome to be able to execute RCON commands. For example, say I want to enable or disable tournamentmode, or cheats, etc.
    <!--quoteo(post=2065507:date=Jan 23 2013, 12:19 PM:name=Whosat)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Whosat @ Jan 23 2013, 12:19 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065507"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Appreciate the effort! Will be using it when I get my hands on an iPhone :)<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Awesome! Thanks :) I'll be having a friend port it to Android very soon as well.

<!--quoteo(post=2065540:date=Jan 23 2013, 01:35 PM:name=semihandy)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (semihandy @ Jan 23 2013, 01:35 PM) <a href="index.php?act=findpost&pid=2065540"><{POST_SNAPBACK}></a></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->This is pretty awesome, thanks so much!

I have a feature suggestion as well :) -- it would be awesome to be able to execute RCON commands. For example, say I want to enable or disable tournamentmode, or cheats, etc.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Good point. I'll get that feature in there. Not sure how that one got by me, haha.
    Just uploaded version 1.0.2 to the App Store - it should be available soon.

Here are changes:

- Fixed PickerViews being cut off at bottom
    - Added custom map section to settings
    - Added version string to settings
    - Added RCON command button so admins can now remotely send whatever commands they like
    - Various User Interface Optimizations
    - Various bug fixes
  • WhosatWhosat Singapore Join Date: 2006-11-03 Member: 58301Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I realise that your Change Map option only lists the stock maps.

Would it be possible for it to list all the maps available on the server instead via the getmaplist command?

These are the available request GET parameters:

?request=getmapcycle
    ?request=getchatlist
    ?request=getbanlist
    ?request=getperfdata
    ?request=getmods&p=<page>
    ?request=getinstalledmodslist
    ?request=getmaplist
    Oh wow! I didn't know about those request commands. Are those all of the ones available or are there more?

I can definitely make use of them and grab the mapcycle.
    Those are the commands that the webinterface uses. I would assume that would be all for now.

You can use getmaplist to get all the maps installed on the server.
    Yep - I just uploaded a new version that grabs your map list and threw in a chat tab so you can see what players are saying and reply. Should be available soon.
  • waxxanwaxxan Join Date: 2012-11-17 Member: 172047Members, NS2 Playtester
    Is it only me, or do you get letter/numbers instead of characters like - ? ! :) in the player chat. Using latest version. Check pic, i typed 29-30 in the end.
  • MalveMalve Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 181030Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    After updating to the latest version via appstore the app crashes as soon as you open it if connected to the Wifi.
    Seems to work fine over 3G though.
    waxxan wrote: »
    Is it only me, or do you get letter/numbers instead of characters like - ? ! :) in the player chat. Using latest version. Check pic, i typed 29-30 in the end.

I get that too actually - This was an attempt to compensate for the issue this version of the server has with the chat log. If you log into the web interface you'll notice the players' messages have a bunch of gibberish. Hopefully the next version of the server fixes this, in the meantime I'll tackle some common character fixes for the next release.
    Malve wrote: »
    After updating to the latest version via appstore the app crashes as soon as you open it if connected to the Wifi.
    Seems to work fine over 3G though.

Very strange. Which phone / iOS version are you using?

• MalveMalve Join Date: 2013-01-21 Member: 181030Members, Reinforced - Diamond
    iPhone 4 and iOS 6.0 or whatever was current right before 6.1.
    I have confirmed that this is still an issue in iOS 6.1 and that it is not a problem with the wireless network since I've tried two different networks.

I had no noticable problem (except I couldn't change maps) in the version before 1.0.2 of the app.
    Malve wrote: »
    iPhone 4 and iOS 6.0 or whatever was current right before 6.1.
    I have confirmed that this is still an issue in iOS 6.1 and that it is not a problem with the wireless network since I've tried two different networks.

I had no noticable problem (except I couldn't change maps) in the version before 1.0.2 of the app.

Gotcha. I figured out what the problem is and it'll be fixed in the next release :) In the meantime, if you open the app 3 times in a row it finally opens the third try (at least for me it does!) - Thanks for the feedback. Let me know if there's anything else that comes up.
  • BigDBigD [OldF] Join Date: 2002-10-25 Member: 1596Members
    I like this idea. Nice alternative to alt-tabbing while in game too.
    edited March 2013
    Hey everyone - Just wanted to throw an update out there that I just submitted a new version to the iOS store with bug fixes, support for multiple servers, and a few other cool improvements :) Any other suggestions, please let me know!
  • OutSiDeR_OutSiDeR_ Join Date: 2013-02-12 Member: 183008Members
    Any news on an android version?
    edited April 2013
    Hey Outsider. Sorry for the delayed response! Been super busy working on a bunch of new projects. I actually just hired an Android developer today and he's going to crank out that version :) We're also going to add a bunch of new features!