Remove Drifter Attack

thelawenforcerthelawenforcer Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183176Members
I feel that this ability goes beyond the drifters role. instead of being a scout unit, and able to support aliens through drifter, i start seeing them used more and more as combat support units - because of their high speed and ability to attack marines/absorb bullets for aliens. the fact that they sponge bullets isnt that big a deal (though they have quite alot of health and the hitbox is quite big) its the fact that they are able to attack. ignoring the drifter and going for the alien isnt an option - any good alien simply wont engage until i engage the drifter, at which point my clip is empty and im dead meat. if i dont engage the drifter, he will follow me around (they are very fast) and attack me till i die.

my issue is that there is no metagame here. there is no other option than to attack the drifter as thats the most damage you can hope to do. am i the only one that thinks this is a bad thing?

Comments

• draktokdraktok Join Date: 2013-02-18 Member: 183156Members
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, occasionally mid game / end game it's kind of silly when a 10-15 drifter rush comes in and one or two marines in the group actually die to them, heh

I mean, you'd never pull something similar off with MACs (most macs just get obliterated by bilebomb anyways)
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    It's already removed in balance test
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    draktok wrote: »
    Yeah, occasionally mid game / end game it's kind of silly when a 10-15 drifter rush comes in and one or two marines in the group actually die to them, heh

If you allow aliens to have enough res to blow on 15 drifters, you lost already.
  • OhnojojoOhnojojo Join Date: 2011-08-01 Member: 113400Members
    Or give drifters and macs a move while attacking button
  • Ghosthree3Ghosthree3 Join Date: 2010-02-13 Member: 70557Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    But how will I keep my team in the game by killing RTs with drifters when they won't?