NS2_Artery

TarrySrumanTarrySruman Join Date: 2013-04-13 Member: 184776Members
edited April 2013 in Mapping
Hey, this is my first post here. I drew up a map layout a while back after going on a weekend NS2 binge, but I've been busy with other things and haven't gotten around to grayboxing it yet, so I decided I'd throw my doc up here and get some preliminary feedback on the layout in the meantime.

If/when I get around to actually building this I plan on streamlining and condensing it quite a bit, so keep that in mind. All feedback is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I6kUBGV.jpg

Comments

• hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    edited April 2013
    My thoughts, I hope I got this right:
    6 tech points, each team has a safe one (2 entrances from friendly territory), a medium one (3 entrances, 2 from friendly territory), a dangerous one (3 entrances, 2 from enemy territory). Very interesting setup, different from the standard one.
    11 RTs might be too much though (Coolant Transfer does not show an RT, is this intended or you just forgot it?)
    The connection Coolant Transfer - Narrows isn't in the overview though and breaks the design, I think it should be removed (or was this added to balance the missing Coolant Transfer RT?)

My idea how you could modify the map:
    Temperature Control directly connects to Processing, and Exhaust Venting is removed. So the "Alien side" has only 2 TPs but Aliens need 3 for all upgrades. This means Aliens have to break into Marine territory to get a 3rd TP. You could help them, for example by giving an extra connection Narrows - Gallery (so Narrows connects to Processing, Palisade and Gallery - the Coolant Transfer - Narrows must go anyway, it makes no sense to me :p)
    [Or you could just switch Alien and Marine sides, remove Command from Aliens, and the Coolant Transfer - Narrows extra connection makes sense]
    So the map would be a lot about fighting for a fifth TP.
    This would bring the map down to 5 TPs and 10 RTs - this is still a lot, I would even remove the "The Bend" and "Temperature Control" resource points (so it's 5 TPs, 8 RTs)

Would be interesting to see this made, either your original version or the simplified one.
  • bluemanblueman Join Date: 2002-04-09 Member: 399Members
    Mmm layout is interesting but i find it too unconnected in the middle area.

My feedback, better to go more than less. I would add connections from narrow to gallery maybe also adding a small corridor joining it all to processing. Maybe try connecting narrow to gallery at the lower end and also the mentioned conection.

If it doesnt work, then erase the, later but as i said, start with more than necessary and then erase. Right now i dont see a good connectivity but who know.