No-Concede Vote. No mercy..

1scorpion1scorpion Join Date: 2013-02-28 Member: 183418Members
There been some kerfuffle about conceding. All in all, not too big a deal.

Sometimes teams concede too early though.. would it be nice to see them white-knuckle it?

The underdog team should rally and fight together tooth-and-nail, though teams often just get sour and lose moral.

Make a vote to happen within the first few minutes to remove concede. Its a vote of confidence. NO MERCY ;)

Pros:
*You can see the secondary way a game ends.
*Perhaps, more of a "fulfilling" victory.
*Dem kids might learn how to WORK AS A TEAM.

Cons:
*Marine turtle<<<That's a troll though..
*Spawn-dead-spawn-dead<<<It will all be over soon.
*Some teams just can't finish it quick enough<<<You lost to that team though. (Though waxing your exo until MAC EMP is upgraded is a real bitch slap.)
*Food runs out before the ammunition....

Comments

• Samus1111111Samus1111111 Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154930Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Problem is that come-backs are extremely rare. Just the way that the aliens lose strength exponentially as they lose hives makes an alien come-back neigh-on impossible. Marines have an easier time, but if they're turtling, that means aliens have the map and are dropping eggs out the wazoo. Aliens should win unless they concede out of sheer boredom.

IMHO, concede was one of the best features added. Sure, some games are ended prematurely, but the majority aren't and it prevents the long, boring, drawn-out games of the past. It gives the losing team the opportunity to surrender when the winning team is drawing out the game. It's like in SC2 where a player gg's out and leaves. Same thing, same result. I say that the pros more than outweigh the cons.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Ehh. Maybe a server mod idea. I doubt many people will go for it though.
  • ImpatientJediImpatientJedi Join Date: 2013-03-10 Member: 183870Members
    Concedes nice but needs more prerequisite before it is offered to teams. Like besides the timer what if it would only be given if the loosing team only had one base, this way the game is setting prerequisite to determine if the losing really deserves to quit.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I'd rather just have a self destruct timer that starts whenever one team concedes.

All the marine stuff explodes (including players) killing anything nearby, and all alien stuff explodes (including players) into Acid that does the same thing
    -- This would allow players to "go out in a blaze of glory" so to speak :D

Much more gratifying that "the other team surrendered"

Much better than waiting to die in an obviously lost game
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I want more restrictions on when a concede can be called. Waiting X minutes is fine, but there should be additional checks to keep stupid concedes to a minimum:
    I. Conceding team must have:
    A. 1 Comm chair/hive
    B. 0-2 Res nodes
    II. Other team must have:
    A. 2+ Comm chairs/hives
    B. 3+ Res nodes
  • sHawke_NativesHawke_Native Join Date: 2012-12-20 Member: 175650Members
    so pretty much we lose lets try to take everything with us!
  • ScardyBobScardyBob ScardyBob Join Date: 2009-11-25 Member: 69528Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Sounds like a terrible idea. However, I would support fixing up the concede so its not an insta-lose banner.
  • CrazyEddieCrazyEddie Join Date: 2013-01-08 Member: 178196Members
    1scorpion wrote: »
    Make a vote to happen within the first few minutes to remove concede.

... and replace it with F4.
  • IronsoulIronsoul Join Date: 2011-03-12 Member: 86048Members
    Disagree overall, I think if you remove the cause for concede: unfun games with no possibility of winning. People will stick around to the bitter end, well the rainbow flavoured end.
  • KamamuraKamamura Join Date: 2013-03-06 Member: 183736Members, Reinforced - Gold
    What an extraordinarily barbaric, badly reasoned proposal.