Ns2_Origin

2»

Comments

• killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    I wonder if I should connect Generator Room and Ore Extraction
  • killer monkeykiller monkey Join Date: 2010-02-26 Member: 70743Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hello everyone, for the first time in forever have a new picture:
    Km3HOy2.jpg
    Its the adjusted layout and even though I made this yesterday, that picture is still outdated but its still indicative of what Ive changed
  • bluemanblueman Join Date: 2002-04-09 Member: 399Members
    Try using the loops thingy into you level, maybe it helps. I see very long and small corridors everywhere, and i think the upper two rooms need connections with the rest of the areas close to them (left and right) to have a better connectivity/navigation flow.
  • HowserHowser UK Join Date: 2010-02-08 Member: 70488Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Retired Community Developer
    I've spoken to killer about this. The changes he has proposed should fix any outstanding issues and I'm very excited to see the results of this.
    The top map was before he started the changes, so it'll make a nice comparison once the next build is out.
  • bluemanblueman Join Date: 2002-04-09 Member: 399Members
    Hope to play this changes, im still three weeks to ns2 so i dont know which is the server you test this on.

Anyways, i always criticize for good, so dont take me wrong!
    The feel when UWE removes all the Biodome props from the editor, leaving giant holes where they used to be. I had an entire room made of the biodome pipes, an hour and a half of resizing and replacing
  • hozzhozz Join Date: 2012-11-20 Member: 172660Members
    The hydra in the test tube attacked me in warmup :D

Overall much improved, compared to the older version. Looking forward to what comes next.
    Just a heads up to people looking to play my map, the spark crafter collection server plays this and many other custom maps every Sunday
  • swalkswalk Say hello to my little friend. Join Date: 2011-01-20 Member: 78384Members, Squad Five Blue
    It seems to me like the layout changes you've done, made it alot faster for aliens to go between Biodome and Ventilation. I think this might be bad, even though you made those areas of the map more friendly to traverse for marines as well. I simply think the travel time for aliens between those two hives is way too short now. Also, I really enjoyed the vent system around those areas in the original. It felt like a maze until you learned the layout of them, I liked the complexity of that.

Otherwise, great work. Progress is looking good.
    The vents were a big problem had to remove them
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited May 2013
    The north Hive (ventilation) was always quite isolated from the rest of the map with just one main hallway connecting it, something that doesn't fly very well where cyst chains are concerned. I don't think it will translate over very well...
    @Kouji_San You should join our Sunday play tests and play my map (which was changed significantly) and others maps :) PM me if youre interested
  • JektJekt Join Date: 2012-02-05 Member: 143714Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow
    Where did this go? The file is marked as hidden? : (
    Oh thats just the new Steam Workshop agreement, need to agree. Should be back now
    This is still alive, its pretty much polish from here on out as far as I'm concerned